The ST match vids + discussion thread

is anyone willing to help get the player/minute notes of the video? if we get 3 or 4 people involved it should be pretty easy

If I knew a word of Japanese, I’d help.

I can ask Ebinsugewa. He is always looking for Japanese translation stuff to do that can help out the community.

I’ll do it right now on the STR matchup videos site - strevival.com/yt/. Should be done tonight or tomorrow.

NOTE: A lot of the early matches are casuals, it would probably take a lot of effort to go back and guess by color/character who is who, so I probably won’t bother, but if I have some spare time it could happen.

hey guys, stupid quick question. I recently picked up a hsf2a board and my main question is, what speed is the standard?? turbo 0,1,2,3???

Some teams/players I got:
Otochun/ShootingD/Blanka player (Komoda?)
MAO/ARG/Other Claw (Opemai?)
Kurahashi/Yuuvega/Keishin
Tasaka(タサカ)/Shogatsu/Tomoza
Ta-tsumaki RYU/PECO/Mayamura

Superstar and Gunze (グンゼ) were also there.

Ito, Otochun, D, Kikai (?), Gotoh (pink-shirt Ryu player using Jab Ryu) and a few others played lots of casuals before the tournament.

It looks it was either a double-elimination bracket, or it had some group/league classification stuff, as I’ve seen Otochun’s team lose, yet they still made it to the finals, where they lost to Fujimon. BTW, I can definitely see how they would see Dee Jay as the one best character in the game as ST/X was released. Ito and Fujimon played very very well throughout the whole thing.

After the tournament, there was a FT10 race between Futachan and Kotaka Shooten. Guiles and Dee Jays had been beating shotos - specially Ryus - most the time, so I was very interested to see how this would turn out.

(I’ll update the post as I find more stuff)

It should be speed 3.

**SSF2T GGPO Casuals - djfrijoles (T.Hawk) vs. hazi (DeeJay) **

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Afro Legends (DeeJay, Boxer) vs. KENTA-KOBE (Claw, Honda)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Aerorockman (Guile, Dic) vs. orf (Ryu)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - EVD (Ken) vs. Hyphenated (FeiLong)

**SSF2T GGPO Casuals - old.samir (Guile) vs. FortEuropa (Dic)

Isn’t the “world” version T2? Pretty sure the world version of hsf2 is more common.

**SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Gizzle (Ryu) vs. Delay_Flip_Flop (O.Ken, Ken, Zangief) **

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - FortEuropa (Dic) vs. Milanea (E.Honda)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - POS (Guile) vs. shun joker (Ryu)

**SSF2T GGPO Casuals - deadpool_ (Ryu) vs. 41i45 (Ryu) **

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Jodim (Zangief) vs. Lieut. Dan (T.Hawk)

SSF2T GGPO Casuals - Afro Legends (Boxer, DeeJay) vs. shun joker (Ryu)

Last Ko-hatsu SSF2X tournament:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/40224459
It looks like Otochun, Aniken, Tsuji, Kusumondo, Gunze, Kikai, Superstar, KKY and others attended.