I hope you SOBs are happy now. Between doing more reading for a collaboration, playing Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, watching Dragon Ball Super: Broly again, catching some of Frosty Faustings, and multi tasking with the first UFC event on ESPN. I managed to get this done. I’ve included win quotes for the entire SFV cast and I have notations for the names of all the gods, titans, Ancient Greek weapons, and the solitary Ancient Roman term I used.
Nickname: The Imperatrix of Order
Height: 6ft 5in (1.96m)
Weight: 192lbs (87kg)
Hometown: Nicosia, Cyprus
Appearance: Semele is statuesque middle aged woman in peak physical condition. She radiates a divine aura and her physique perfectly sculpted like marble statue. Semele has long flowing, sandy blonde hair that is elaborately styled into a Bohemian Chignon Bun. Her eyes Olympic blue and her legs are an astounding 43 inches (1.1m) long. Semele has a flawless porcelain complexion. There is an oval shaped royal blue jewel in the middle of her forehead just above her brow line. Her attire consists of custom pure white Doric Chiton (Ancient Greek Robe) that comes down to the middle of her thighs. Semele’s upper arms are bare. She has golden colored bracers on her fore arms. Semele wears golden calf length buskins on her feet.
Dislikes: Chaos, Failure
Fighting Style: Pankration of Order
Tone: Semele’s warm outward demeanor quickly turns cold when her objectives are not reached.
Origins: Semele is the product of generations of selective breeding. This was the traditional way that the Illuminati created exceptional candidates for leadership. The process was arduous. Detailed records of family lines and character traits were kept. As time progressed surrogates were used to increase the number of “perfect” candidates. This was how Semele came into being. Semele and her fifteen brothers and sisters were born on the same day. They were trained and educated together. Upon their sixteenth birthdays, a tournament was held. The siblings would fight to the death with the lone survivor being put forth as a Illuminati leadership candidate. Semele was the victor. Her reward for slaying those closest to her? A slot in another tournament of sixteen.
Semele trials and tribulations forged her into exceptional leader. They also gave her an interesting dichotomy of personality. She could be friendly, encouraging, and understanding. Boosting the moral of her followers and in an instant become cold, clinical, and merciless when presented with abject failure.
She ruled over the Illuminati for 18 years. During the first year of her reign the prophesied child was born. The child of red and blue, wielder of both fire and ice. He was to lead their organization to true glory. Semele took Gill, the child of prophesy, and his hot headed brother Urien under her wing. She trained and educated them both. Upon Gill’s eighteenth birthday she ordered him to fight his brother for the right to lead the Illuminati. Gill was victorious. Unlike Semele, Gill did not put down his rival as was their custom. He spared Urien. Semele disagreed with his decision. She thought it would sow unrest in the organization. She was right. Urien has continually plotted against his brother. After a decade of this chaos, Semele has decided she’s had enough. She would bring Urien to heel and lead this organization the way it was meant to be.
Her Rival: Urien
Attributes: Health: 3 Power: 5 Range: 4 Mobility: 3 Technique: 5
1000 Stamina 1000 Stun
Palm of Eos -LP+K: Semele grabs her opponent by the face, lifts them off the ground, and creates a small explosion of light energy from her palm that sends them hurtling away. 140 Damage/150 Stun
Light of Selene – B+LP+LK: Semele uses a firemans’ carry to toss her foe behind her. As they hit the ground, Semele hits them with a glowing elbow drop. 150 Damage/200 Stun
Dawn of Hemera – (In Air) LP+LK: Semele grabs her opponent by the face and drives them head first into the ground creating an explosion of light on impact. 150 Damage/150 Stun
Fall of Coeus – (In Air) B+LP+LK: Semele grabs her foe out of the air, throw them to the ground, and drops a glowing knee on their head. 160 Damage/200 Stun
Judgement of Hera – B+MP: (Overjead) Semele hops forward while pulling both of her arms behind her head. She then slams them down together with double axe blow to her opponent’s head. 25F Startup, 80 Damage/150 Stun -2 on Block. Boss Version (18F Startup)
Ouranos’ Dory– F+HP: Semele strikes with a long reaching upward right punch. Can anti air far jump in attacks. Ineffective against closer jumps and cross up jumps.
Iapetus’ Xyston - F+MK: Semele hits her opponent with a powerful long reaching low left kick that knocks them off their feet.
Justice of Themis – F+HP, F+MK (Target Combo): Semele pummels her opponent with a two hit, righ punch, low left kick combination that knocks her oppoent down.
Bulwark of Hephaestus – F+KKK: Semele strikes with a quick shoulder charge that causes her foe to stagger backwards but leaves them standing.
Light of Apollo -MP+MK: Semele emits a beam of light from the blue gem in her forehead. The bolt travels downward at a 30°. Attack can be charged. Attack must be blocked low at full screen.
- Uncharged version - knocks down her opponent. 16F Startup, 48 Total Frames, 50 Damage/100 Stun
- Charged version – explodes on impact causing a juggle state. 24F Startup, 60 Total Frames, 80 Damage/150 Stun
- Boss version – Uncharged version gains the properties of the charged version. No Charged Version.
Phalanx of Light -HP+HK: One of the 66 Secret Arts. Semele body becomes hard as a diamond as she surrounds it with shield of white light. Opponents attacks are scaled to 70% damage on the first hit. Stun Damage received is cut by 50%. V-Trigger duration 1600F. Absorbed attacks, Medium or Heavy, reduced her V-Gauge by 200F. Light attacks do not reduced her V-Gauge. (Boss Version V-Trigger is permanent)
Redux of Fate -HP+HK: One of the 66 Secret Arts. Semele’s body emits a soft golden aura of light. She gains the ability to intercept her opponents final blow and instant recover from her injuries. HP+HK has to be entered to intercept the attack. Attack converts EX gauge into to stamina. Semele gains 100 stamina per block of EX Gauge. Allowing her to recover up to 300 Stamina. (Boss Version 250 Stamina per block of EX, Max Recovery of 750). V-Trigger Gauge disappears for the rest of the round after a successful attempt
Burning Aether - QCF + P: Semele performs a left open palm strike that creates a large stationary sphere of light energy. The properties are determined by the strength punch. All versions knock down. LP (12F Startup 40 Total Frames, 3 Hits 90 Damage/120 Stun) MP (16F Startup 42 Total Frames, 4 Hits 120 Damage/150 Stun) HP(20F Startup 42 Total Frames, 5 Hits 150 Damage/150 Stun) EX(12F Startup 40 Total Frames, 5 Hits 150 Damage/150 Stun, Travels Full Screen, Causes Juggle State) Boss Version (All versions travel full screen. EX 6 Hits 180 Damage/200 Stun Causes Juggle State)
Star of Asteria – QCF + P: (In Air) Semele jumps into the air, punches downward at an angle violently, and generates a star of light that rains down on her opponent. Attack must be performed from a forward jump. The punch button determines the angle of the projectile. LP, MP, HP versions have 11F Startup and 11F Landing Recovery 70 Damage/100 Stun. LP (60° Angle), MP (45° Angle), HP (30° Angle). EX 7F Startup/7F Landing Recovery(LP+MP 60° Angle, LP+HP 45° Angle, MP+HP 30° Angle, 2 hits, causes a juggle state) Boss Version (Star of Asteria can be performed from neutral and back jumps)
Hyperion’s Bindings – HCB+P: (Command Grab) Semele grabs her opponent by the throat with her left hand. As she lifts them off the ground and over her head, three rings of light are generated that trap and bind her opponent. She slams her opponent into the ground causes the rings of light to explode. All versions have 6F Startup and do 4 Hits. Punch Button determines Damage and grab range. LP(Most Range, 160 Damage/200 Stun, MP(Less Range, 180 Damage/200 Stun), HP(Least Range, 200 Damage/200 Stun) EX(Throw Invincible Frame 1, 5F Startup, Most Range, 220 Damage/250 Stun) Boss Version (All versions are Throw Invincible Frame 1, EX 250 Damage/300 Stun)
Buskin of Helios - HCF+K: Semele’s entire lower leg glows with light as she strikes her foe with standing 360° back kick. All versions knock down. All versions doe not hit crouching opponents. All versions -8 on block. Stronger kick buttons slightly increase it’s forward range. LK (9F Startup 80 Damage/150 Stun) MK (14F Startup 90 Damage/150 Stun) HK (16F Startup 100 Damage/150 Stun) EX(9F Startup 110 Damage/150 Stun, Causes Wall Bounce) Boss Version (LK,MK, HK -2 on Block, EX +2 on Block)
Rolling Heel of Theia – HCB+K – Semele ignites her right heel with light energy as performs front somersault kick. The number of somersaults and forward travel distance are determined by the kick button pressed. LK (9F Startup 80 Damage/150 Stun, 1 Hit, ¼ Screen), MK(12F Startup 100 Damage/150 Stun, 2 Hits, ½ Screen), HK(15F Startup 120 Damage/150 Stun, 3 hits, ¾ Screen), EX (9F Startup 160 Damage/200 Stun, 4 hits, ¾ Screen, Armor on Frame 3) Boss Version (LK,MK,HK Startup reduced by 2F, EX Armor on Frame 1)
Rage of Perses - QCFx2+P: One of the 66 Secret Arts. Semele twists her torso back 180°, pulling back her right arm. The entirety of her right forearm begins to glow, emitting a bright white light. With blinding speed she strikes the base of her foes sternum with a blow said to contain the strength of the entire Greek Pantheon. The impact of the punch creates a massive shock wave upon impact and a large white ki blast that resembles a spear shoots through her opponents chest. 2 Hits 360 Damage (Boss version 2 Hits 500 Damage)
Reasons to be in SFV:
Semele has had enough of Urien’s brazen machinations. She is dissatisfied that Gill’s sentimentality is preventing him from what needs to be done. She absconds the leadership of the Illuminati. Three quarters of the organization quickly pledges loyalty to her with no resistance. Semele calls together a world tournament of her own. She will draw all of her rivals to one place. Semele will then garner their loyalty or crush them once and for all.
- Ryu “My honor guard has a place for you. Swear fealty or welcome the afterlife.”
- Chun Li “I am the true authority here. Your laws have no jurisdiction over me.”
- Nash “Your life is fleeting. Ending you will be a mercy.”
- M.Bison “Darkness is no match for my light. This is your end. Your tricks will not grant you a second chance fiend.”
- Cammy “Indomitable will and the speed to match. I can help to achieve the order you desire. Join me.”
- Birdie “A gluttonous fool unworthy of my time. Enjoy your eternal slumber.”
- Ken “Fighting for family is an honorable endeavor. The Masters’ Corporation will be a key cog of my revolution.”
- Necalli “Devouring souls will not grant you one of your own. The dark path you are on has reached its end.”
- Vega “Exterior beauty and internal ugliness is a combination I take joy in exterminating.”
- R.Mika “This ‘Master Zangief’ is a poor tutor. Sleep. He will meet you shortly.”
- Rashid “The winds you wield are a mere breeze to me.”
- Karin “A child playing at war, your narcissism was your demise. Your zaibatsu is now mine.”
- Zangief “So you are the great ‘Master Zangief’? I send you to Elysium to greet your student.”
- Laura “A family of lighting warriors would be of great use to me. Kneel, swear fealty, and your family will be spared.”
- Dhalsim “Is this ability of yours genetic or learned? It could have interesting applications.”
- F.A.N.G. “My mastery over the 66 Secrets Arts makes me immune to your toxins. Smile, you are the second of your order to fall by hand.”
- Alex “So, you are the prime candidate for recruitment? The novice abilities you currently possess belies your potential strength. I shall rebuild you from the ground up.”
- Guile “Go home soldier. Spend the little time you have left with your family.”
- Ibuki “If your level of discipline is indicative of your clan. I shall make eliminating them a top priority.”
- Balrog “Money has no place in my new world and neither do you.”
- Juri “An agent of chaos is unworthy of mercy. Say hello to your parents, you shall see them soon.”
- Urien “I am not as merciful as your brother. Your sentence is execution and I shall carry out the sentence.”
- Akuma “I have met many warriors like you in my time. I shall give you the death in single combat that you so desires”
- Kolin “Your loyal service to the child of prophesy is to be admired. Come child there is more work yet to do.”
- Ed “Poor child. You lack direction. I shall give it to you.”
- Abigail “Such titanic strength wasted on one so stupid. Your dissection may lead to the development of an intelligent warrior of great strength. “
- Menat “The talent you possess can be useful if honed. I will oversee your reeducation myself.”
- Zeku “Such rare skill. You are to be admired. I think I shall employ this organization of yours.”
- Sakura “You have developed this talents on your own. Impressive. You will be a great soldier for me with formal training.”
- Blanka “Hmm…I mistook you for one of Urien’s experiments. No matter, you will make a great subject for study.”
- Falke “Great discipline and an affinity for order? Come child, your home is with me.”
- Cody “is the Mayor of Metro City always a great combatant? I could make use of your unorthodox tactics and great strength. Come, join me.”
- G “I am the one and only ruler of this world. Gaea was mistaken to have choosen you as her herald.”
- Sagat “I have no patience for false monarchs. Seems I will have to euthanize this tiger.”
- Kage “Begone shadow. You cannot exist in the presence of my light.”
- Semele was the only mortal to birth a god in Greek Mythology
- Imperatrix is the Roman equivalent of the word Empress. Imperator is the equivalent of Emperor
- Cypriots are residents of Cyprus and can be of Greek or Turkish origin
- Dory is an Ancient Greek spear
- Xyston is an Ancient Greet javelin
- Doric Chiton is Ancient Greek robe that is full body in length, sleeveless, and typically folds at the waist
- Buskins are laced, opened toes boots worn by Greek and Romans
- Aether is the primordial Greek God of upper air and light
- Apollo is the Greek God of Light, Healing and is associated with the Sun
- Asteria is the Titan of Oracles and Falling Stars
- Coeus is the Titan of Intelligence and the axis of Heaven
- Eos is the Titan of the dawn
- Helios is the Titan of the Sun and also the guardian of oaths
- Hemera is the primordial Greek Goddess of daylight
- Hephaestus is the Greek God of Fire and the Forge
- Hera is the Queen of the Heavens
- Hyperion is the Titan of Light
- Iapetus is the Titan of Morality
- Ouranos is the primordial God of the Heavens and father of the Titans
- Perses is the Titan of Peace and Destruction
- Selene is the Titan of the Moon
- Theia is the Titan of Sight and the light of the sky
- Themis is the Titan of Order and Divine Law