The Versatility of Bushinryu

guy

Hey guys, I’m trying to compile a database of all the OS that Guy has, because:

1. I haven’t seen them anywhere
    2.OS are a pretty useful part of anyones game, so it is always good to know them.

I’ll be sure to update this post with more option selects as they are brought up.

Option selects:

Crouching Throw Tech: A basic option select that works with every character, where you press you press d+lp+lk causing you to either tech your opponent’s throw attempt or use a c.lk which you can use to go into pretty much whatever you want.

1. [media=youtube]HZfPe6HVcp4[/media]
    TYPE: Blockstring/Slide Option Select

DESCRIPTION: Selects 2 things upon opp’s wakeup:
—a) If they backdash immediately, you will slide and get untechable knockdown
—b) If they block, you will immediately go into a blockstring, provided they don’t do a reversal DP (if applicable)

INPUT: Knockdown, cr.LP > cr.LP + cr.HK > cr.LP OR cr.MP > …

1. [media=youtube]fg9Xrj_MIMs[/media]
    TYPE: Safe jump Blockstring/Slide Option Select

DESCRIPTION: Sets up a safe jump option select after a f.throw, up to 3 options:
—a) If they block high you will go immediately into blockstring
—b) If they try a DP, you will block it (Probably won’t work against shotos)
—c) If they try to backdash, you will slide and get an untechable knockdown

INPUT: f + LP + LK, dash, dash, jump UF, (while in air and about eye level of opponent) j.HP~j.HK, land + hold db, wait a few frames, cr.LP > cr. LP > cr.LP

1. Anti-Teleport 1 (Credit goes to obey562)

[media=youtube]21aGBZHzufo[/media]

Description: If they remain where they are and either block/get hit by the j.hk/hp then you can immediately go into c.lp to begin pressure. If they teleport backwards to avoid the jump in, you get HP Hozanto to catch them in their recovery.

1. Anti-Teleport/Backdash (Credit to Huu)

[media=youtube]AGYdLuHG-S4[/media]

Description:
Backdash- Basically if the d+mp elbow lands or gets blocked you’re able to immediately go into a block string, however if it whiffs, you automatically go into a tatsu to catch them as they backdash.
Teleport- If they remain in the same place and simply block you go into a block string, if they teleport you go into the cmd.dash.

1. Honda Headbutt

[media=youtube]6Zg-pKruVHE[/media]

Description: You start with any blockstring to create pressure then use neutral jump mk, if it is blocked or connects you can continue with your blockstring. However, if Honda tries to headbutt, it will do EX.Tatsu to knock him out of it.

1. Rufus Messiah Kick

[media=youtube]wykV0NUuzA8[/media]

Description: Pretty much identical to the E.Honda headbutt one, except with Rufus’ messiah kick

Bushin Frame Traps/Counter hit Setups

I think this thread should be used as a sort of compendium of all kinds of little tricks in addition to OS. Kind of like how there’s a compendium of tricks for Makoto.

Anyways, there are 2 OS found on Alioune’s YouTube channel:

1. [media=youtube]HZfPe6HVcp4[/media]
    TYPE: Blockstring/Slide Option Select

DESCRIPTION: Selects 2 things upon opp’s wakeup:
—a) If they backdash immediately, you will slide and get untechable knockdown
—b) If they block, you will immediately go into a blockstring, provided they don’t do a reversal DP (if applicable)

INPUT: Knockdown, cr.LP > cr.LP + cr.HK > cr.LP OR cr.MP > …

1. [media=youtube]fg9Xrj_MIMs[/media]
    TYPE: Safe jump Blockstring/Slide Option Select

DESCRIPTION: Sets up a safe jump option select after a f.throw, up to 3 options:
—a) If they block high you will go immediately into blockstring
—b) If they try a DP, you will block it (Probably won’t work against shotos)
—c) If they try to backdash, you will slide and get an untechable knockdown

INPUT: f + LP + LK, dash, dash, jump UF, (while in air and about eye level of opponent) j.HP~j.HK, land + hold db, wait a few frames, cr.LP > cr. LP > cr.LP

So far, it seems that wakeup reversal shoto DPs are detrimental to Guy’s OS until someone thinks of something.

I know EX izuna can beat reversal shoryu’s as long as they arent EX. So I can say against Shotos either bait for a shoryu, or just empty jump and back dash if possible.

But that set up for EX Izuna probably works better for run slide neutral jump options,

Eso: the second option select you mentioned, if shoryuken and other moves are faster maybe you could replace the jump in attack with izuna/ex izuna?
I haven’t tried this but surely if the wakeup move is too fast the it should come out quickly enough for the grab to work.
Like I said though, I haven’t tried so it might not work due to invincibility or something, althogh iif EX izuna has invincibilty too you would just land and get a free combo from the shoryuken missing/being blocked right.
I hope this works.

As long as the Shoryuken ISNT EX you EX Izuna can beat it out. With EX i do believe Izuna loses.

I tried what you suggested and you can’t do a true option select slide if you replace the j.HP with the EX Izuna. It doesn’t allow you to go immediately into the slide option. To get the slide you would have to press it on the ground and that means you won’t be doing an option select. For example, you safe jump, do EX Izuna, it whiffs because Ryu is crouching. You land then press cr.HK and slide, that gets blocked and punished. It seems that EX Izuna is not a good replacement.

Basically, what you suggested is the same thing as what 10 Stars put up a while ago: EX Izuna beating wake up airborne reversals. Not an option select at all. ^^

Trueee, I never go for OS online though… Lag can kill my timing and people always mash out DP … I just go for punish unless I play offline :smiley:

Damn, that’s a shame, is there anything like this using the elbow?

BushinRyu showed me a cool move to use against wakup reversals almost anyone with some type of DP move, After you get the untech knockdown command run to the edge of there feet stop then do a Bushin Flip “if timed right you can catch there reversal and slam them into the ground, and if you miss you just land on the other side” mainly this is used against scrubs and there almighty DP spam, but you may catch the odd good player.

Copied and pasted from the other thread…
Kinda using the ryu/daigo option select mixed with the slide tackle option select.
I have a video of it on my phone but it uploads in a 3gp file and I don’t know how to upload it, plus its a terrible quality recording.
You do j.hk, Hozanto before you hit the ground, c.lp, c.lp+c.hk, c.lp
Basically what should happen is if the jhk misses then the haozanto (might be better with a bushin flip or tatsu) comes out instantly when you land.
If the jhk hits you go into clp and into whatever combo you want.
If the jhk is blocked you just do the clp into whatever you would do when they block your hit confirm.
And if they block the jhk and try to backdash out of the combo, the chk hits them.
I’m not sure if it could be changed slightly, or timed better to beat focus attacks or something though.
Edit: sorry the title says a couple, I had another but it didn’t really work.

here’s one i just made against teleporters (bison & dhalsim)

[media=youtube]21aGBZHzufo[/media]
watch in HD

For sure have to keep this in mind when fighting Bison .

works great on dhalsim and seth, too! just use mp.hozanto

Don’t mean to sound like a dick but that’s the one I just posted one post before you mate.

Here is an Option Select Similar to the teleport Hozanto option Select but with Shadow Kick From Huu [media=youtube]AGYdLuHG-S4&playnext_from=TL&videos=9Ny8ufje1OE&feature=sub"[/media]

More OS !!!
Honda version -->[media=youtube]6Zg-pKruVHE"[/media]
Rufus version -->[media=youtube]wykV0NUuzA8"[/media]

hmmmm, anyone care to explain what is Option Select and how do I perform them?:shake:

lordofultima made a great [media=youtube]aHHoGHcgK9k[/media] explaining option selects some time ago.

This topic is great, very useful but I’m kind of getting the hang of doing OS with Guy. Would some of you guys mind putting the inputs for doing these option selects kind of like what the original poster did?

I feel it is useful for newer Guy players like me. I would love the inputs for ones like against Honda, Rufus posted by HUU.

watch DandyDLC’s video about ryu’s option select EX shoryuken: [media=youtube]nL2zpySSymE[/media].

i’m pretty sure you just replace the EX shoryuken with EX bushin senpukyaku. :tup: