The Wrestling Thread v.2018 Part FICKLE: NXT Takeover: New York 4/5 - Wrestlemania 35 4/7

I enjoy Lio’s work. I think he’s great at being an annoying little shit.

I know you ain’t talking shit about my girl Bianca.

Adam Cole being a #goodbrother to some fans. I don’t know who is more excited: the kids or Adam. Dude has main eventer written all over him.

black lesnar

Raw and Smackdown new years spoilers

Raw

Summary
  • Drew McIntyre defeated Dolph Ziggler in a Steel Cage match. The show opens with the cage being lowered around the ring. A graphic on the screen promotes the Royal Rumble winner being able to choose the champion they face. Dolph is out first, followed by Drew. There were “let’s go Ziggler” chants throughout the arena. This match went back & forth with a lot of great action. McIntyre won after two Claymore Kicks in a row. After the match, Ziggler started yelling at McIntyre from inside the cage. McIntyre climbed back in the cage with a steel chair. McIntyre put Ziggler’s head between the chair and the cage, then delivered a Claymore. McIntyre took the mic and declared himself for the Royal Rumble. McIntyre walked off but came back and hit a fourth Claymore to Ziggler

• We see a limousine pull up in the back. Triple H and Shane McMahon step out

• Seth Rollins comes to the ring and cuts a promo, talking about fresh starts. He calls out WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose for a rematch. Triple H’s music hits and he comes out with a mic. Triple H tells Rollins that there are no more automatic rematches for titles, and says maybe Rollins doesn’t deserve it. Triple H says he wants the old Seth Rollins back. Triple H puts Rollins in a match with Bobby Lashley for tonight. Shane McMahon comes out and announces a Battle Royal with the winner facing Dean Ambrose for the title at a later date

• Apollo Crews won a Battle Royal to become the new #1 contender to WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose. Others in the match were Finn Balor, Zack Ryder, Titus O’Neil, Curt Hawkins, Kalisto, Lince Dorado, Gran Metalik, Mojo Rawley, Konnor, Viktor, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, No Way Jose and Baron Corbin. Jose was out first. Balor eliminated all three members of Lucha House Party. The match came down to Corbin, Hawkins and Crews. Corbin eliminated Hawkins and Crews eliminated Corbin to win

• Backstage interview with Natalya. She talks about last week’s match with RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey and what the future holds for her. She announces herself for the women’s Royal Rumble match. Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax interrupt, then beat Natalya down

• Baron Corbin is in the ring complaining about the Battle Royal being unfair. Elias appears on the stage and tells Corbin it’s time for a New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Elias. Elias sings a song about Corbin losing his General Manager job and then they start fighting with each other. They brawl outside of the ring within the crowd but Corbin retreats

• Ronda Rousey and Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax is announced for later

• Bayley, Sasha Banks and Ember Moon defeated The Riott Squad. There was some good back & forth action at the end of the match. Bayley got the pin for her team with the flying elbow drop

• Bobby Lashley defeated Seth Rollins by DQ. Seth came out first, then Lashley with Lio Rush. Rush took the mic and got some “what!?” chants. Rush told Lashley to dominate. There were dueling chants from the crowd during the match. The finish saw Rollins use a steel chair. Rollins then hit Lashley with multiple chair shots. Rush also got hit with the chair for a huge pop from the crowd. Lashley rolled out of the ring as Rollins hit the Stomp on Rush. Triple H got exactly what he wanted from Rollins

• Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers defeated Rhyno and Heath Slater in a 3-on-2 Handicap Match. Rhyno got some hometown pops

• Dean Ambrose appears on the big screen. Ambrose says he doesn’t need a fresh start, then he talks about Apollo Crews and tonight’s match

• WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose retained over Apollo Crews. Ambrose came out first, then they aired a Battle Royal recap. Crews was out next to start the match. Ambrose won with Dirty Deeds in what was kind of a slow match that picked up at the end

• Alexa Bliss appears on the big screen and announces a “Moment of Bliss” talk show segment for next week. Ronda Rousey will be her first guest. Next week will also feature appearances by John Cena, Braun Strowman and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, plus The Revival vs. RAW Tag Team Champions Bobby Roode and Chad Gable

• RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey and Natalya defeated Tamina Snuka and Nia Jax in the main event. Rousey and Natalya wasted no time in clearing the ring of Jax and Snuka. Snuka tried a Superfly Splash at one point but it backfired and Rousey put her into the armbar for the submission win

Smackdown

Summary
  • The New Day kick off the show with their New Year’s Celebration. Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston all cut promos and announce their spots in the Royal Rumble match

• Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Hardy by submission. Joe won with the Coquina Clutch. Joe earned a spot in the Fatal 5 Way main event with AJ Styles, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Mustafa Ali

• Backstage segment with AJ Styles, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon. AJ tells Vince he will see the real AJ Styles tonight. AJ then threatens Vince, causing an intense stand-off between Shane and AJ. Shane asks Vince if he really wants to see the real AJ Styles, and Vince laughs, then replies that he does

• WWE United States Champion Rusev and Lana are out for his championship celebration. Shinsuke Nakamura attacks from behind and Lana jumps on his back. Nakamura superkicks Rusev and injures Lana in the process. Nakamura then hits Rusev with a Kinshasa. Nakamura leaves while Rusev and Lana are laid out in the ring

• Sonya Deville defeated Naomi. It was really confusing how they did this. They came out to Rose’s music and it looked like she was wrestling Naomi but she backed out. The match started when Rose distracted Naomi and Deville hit her from behind. Deville later won with a Spinebuster. Rose distracted Naomi by showing a photo of herself on the big screen, saying she sent it to Jimmy Uso earlier. It was a photo of Rose wearing just a towel

• Backstage segments with Randy Orton and Mustafa Ali are shown, with them talking about tonight’s main event

• John Cena comes to the ring for a promo. Cena issues an open challenge but Becky Lynchinterrupts and tells him that she’s the new man around WWE, and she’s taking his place. Andrade “Cien” Almas and Zelina Vega interrupt. Vega talks trash to Becky and Cena. Cena challenges Vega and Almas to a tag team match, and they accept

• Becky Lynch and John Cena defeated Zelina Vega and Andrade “Cien” Almas. Cena hit his signature moves on Almas but Becky tossed Cena out of the ring and made Vega submit to the Dis-Arm-Her for the win

• Backstage segment with Shane McMahon and The Miz talking about how they dress for their new tag team

• Backstage segment with Triple H, SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka, Carmella, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair on who will be the next #1 contender to Asuka’s title. The challenger will be determined at a later date

• AJ Styles won a Royal Rumble title shot from WWE Champion Daniel Bryan by winning a Fatal 5 Way over Mustafa Ali, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Samoa Joe. AJ pinned Orton after a 619 from Mysterio that saw Joe grab Rey before he could get the pin, crashing him to the outside of the ring. AJ then hit a springboard 450 splash for the pin on Orton to win the main event

Is Strowman going to get the band back together (The Wyatt Family):

WWE posted this 3 days ago:

Check out The Wyatt Family’s entrance video. WWE.com is your home for all your favorite WWE Superstar

At 45 I don’t know how much of a career he can really have.

But he better come out playing the Dragon Flute and his theme:

I mean, David Arquette is still wrestling. He was a hot topic a few weeks ago when he and his opponent botched a move during their death match and he cut his neck open. It was all the talks on wrestling twitter.

I’m indifferent about JDF wrestling. He couldn’t hang in MMA and he’s honestly just a shitty person. He’s a born again Christian with Christianity tattoos all over him including one on his forearm that says “Jesus didn’t tap”, he’s super homophobic and a gun “enthusiast”.

It’s a shame too. Dude use to be my hero growing up. He was so fucking cool.

Dude just needs to stick to appearances at comic-cons, wizard worlds and gun shows.

He actually is undefeated in mma. Please don’t talk like you are some mma expert nerd. You are not.

http://m.sherdog.com/fighter/Jason-David-Frank-59303

Dude makes a killing on residuals and at cons

He is a stuntman and a martial artist so…

Never said I was. I know pretty much nothing about mma and never have claimed otherwise.

So quit trying to be a know-it-all (since I know you can’t stop being a douche bag) and stfu.

Thanks.:heart:

lol. lets not pretend like his mma matches arent suspect

Did JDF even compete in any legit MMA promotions anyways? I’ve never heard of him being in a major promotion. Just event hall and high school MMA like Bobby Fish when was still on the Indy’s

You can be undefeated in MMA and still not be shit in it.

Hi opponent knocked himself out…

I love her work in the ring. She’s incredibly athletic and crazy fucking strong. She’s just utterly agonizing to listen to.

I can see WWE actually go after him…

Kenny Omega X Undertale

nah that whole collapse looks suspect to me. then theirs the am fight where he gogopata’d someone…suspect as fuck.

Spending my 3 days off watching NXT Uk so I can be up to date and in the know for NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool.

I remember reading the taping spoilers fucking eons ago but I couldn’t tell you anything that happened. So I’m excited to watch it.

Also, Happy New Years!

so becky disses John Cena, face to face

Speaking about the Green Ranger. Ya’ll remember back then when he was trying to get CM punk to fight him?

That should have been CM Punks first match. Imagine Punk getting his ass whooped by Funde-Green Ranger?

oh… what the hell is a born again christian btw? I’ve heard that term like forever but was always lazy to google what it is… i’m assuming it’s a denomination or a rank in christianity, or the actual term for fundamentalist (if that isn’t a denomination).