Those stretchy fists

akuma

is anyone else having a lot more trouble with dhalsim since AE came out? one of the main tactics I used to employ involved crossing the screen with a tatsu… now that’s “floaty” I’m finding it insanely hard to get in range.
at far range he can fireball/ teleport fuck you
at medium range he can spam jump backards HP
close range is the only chance I seem to get any damage off on him, and that’s reliant on him not escaping again…

and getting in close using a demon flip is nigh impossible due to him having atleast 3 anti air attacks
closing distance with focus attacks is massively risky, and that’s never fun with akuma

any tips on closing the range on dhalsim? or is there something else I’m possibly overlooking

Focus Absorbing the limbs then dashing?

Well EX Flip actually scares Sim, you just have to force him into blockstun, likely with a fireball.

Btw Sim got nerfed a bit, so even if our Tatsu cover less distance things shouldn’t be harder - it may be slightly easier actually.

I hate the sim matchup myself but usually what i find works well now is cover your approach with an air fireball. From close range do a jump and lp fireball at the peak, same thing with mp/hp fireball if you are farther away. Usually all they can do is catch you with an air to air aa or sometimes with a s.hk BEFORE you throw the fireball or either slide/teleport away.
Be wary of slide though, that will punish abusing this really hard. If sim is poking away with lp and lk a lot from mid screen, throw out a lp srk if he gets predictable, lots of sims like to mix it up with yoga sniper if you sit there and block low, once again if he gets predictable, either focus right through it and punish or block/get hit and demon him.

You need to fireball your way in. And demon flip works if you force sim to block a fireball or force him to fireball back. If he goes for the Tele you have to react fast. Getting a life lead and forcing sim to you is always fun too.

Honestly though, I use Juri on this match. Getting in on Sim and staying in is almost too easy since AE for Juri. No idea why.

You need to fireball your way in. And demon flip works if you force sim to block a fireball or force him to fireball back. If he goes for the Tele you have to react fast. Getting a life lead and forcing sim to you is always fun too. H

Honestly though, I use Juri on this match. Getting in on Sim and staying in is almost too easy since AE for Juri. No idea why.