Tiers for Character difficulty

i was thinking about this yesterday as a friend and i were discussing tiers in fighting games and he made mention that “all top tier chars are tops bc of their ease of use”… citing chun and ken from 3s as examples… but then i pointed out that yun and makoto are tops too and they aren’t exactly pick up and play material imo…

noticing that difficulty is a purely subjective matter since it varies from person to person i thought it would be interesting to see what you guys think tiers for actual difficulty of use (using them to their full potential) would be… it can be any game really i was just using 3s as an example…

for me in 3s

top tier (difficult):
ibuki
urien
Q
Hugo
Twelve
remy

upper tier: (in no specific order)
makoto
oro
necro
yun
yang

mid tier: (in no specific order)
sean
elena
ryu
alex
dudley

low tier (easy):
ken
akuma
chun

Bottom tier:
Gill
Chun
Ken

Other Tier
Alot of folks

God Tier:
Ibuki/Makoto/Q

Virtua fighter 4 evo

Top tier:
Akira
Vanessa

middle tier:
everyone else

God tier:
Lei fei

ST

God Tier = cast

Oh yeah, because Vega and Bison are really fucking complicated.

:rofl:

super Smash Bros. Melee

God tier : cruel melee

Low tier = cast

(well at least for me)

Q never really seemed difficult to use…

For 3S it may be:
Makoto
Ibuki
Twelve
Yun

For me it’s

S- Twelve
A- Necro, Urien, Hugo
F- Everyone else

For me in any of the GGs it’s-

S- Potemkin
F- Everyone else.

Frickin hate Potemkin…

st:
hardest:
sim
hawk
cammy

easiest:
vega
ryu
chun

japanese tiering involve a lot of factor
is the rest of the world that believe that tiering is based upon tournament results
(bait)

i have some japanese BBS for kof and their tiering method is maniac they consider everything
i’ve discussed this a lot in older threads…

Gonna assume that we’re not talking about ease of winning at mid-high level and above (which would basically be the tier list we already know), and instead general learning curve from easiest to hardest.

A:
Chun
Ken
Akuma
Ryu

B:
Sean
Alex
Dudley
Elena

C:
Yang
Makoto
Urien
Oro
Necro
Ibuki
Hugo

D:
Q
Remy
Yun
Twelve

My opinion. But I guess many of us are playing at the level (or close to it) where this doesn’t really matter a lot. There are too many factors to have a proper ease of use list to begin with.

Edit: Moved Ryu to A.

I don’t get why people are saying Twelve is hard to learn. He’s hard to win with, yes, but he’s not a very complicated character.

I know in Tekken 5/DR -

Easiest characters to learn are Feng and JACK-5

And the hardest characters to learn would be Hwoarang, Mishimas.

T5

Easiest - Lee Chaolin

Hardest - Hwoarang

neither do I.

HAHA OH WOW

He’s complicated in the sense that you have to mind-fuck your opponent into letting you in.

i guess the reason i put him up there is bc of all the little nuances you have to learn with him just to be decent with him… not so much that its impossible to learn im just saying hes not a char you can just pick up and play with

I seriously think watching a good Twelve play is far more boring than a Chun vs Chun match. All it is is airdash fierce, random ground spikes, a couple pokes, and more airdash fierce. By far the most annoying character to fight.

In Tekken 5:DR

GOD TIER - Mishimas, Hwoarang

TOP TIER - Steve, Bryan, Lei

Everyone else

Top Players who reached to GOD level with those characters.

Qudans, Choksae - Devil Jin
MSR Ryu(retired), MSR Ryu 2nd, Holeman - Heihachi
Leedy(retired) - Kazuya
MDJ(retired) - Hwoarang

VS_Han, Nin - Steve
Knee - Bryan
Ranca, Asano, Tetsuo - Lei