Tiger Knee Air FB

akuma

Okay, I’m a pretty new player as I just started playing when AE came out for PC. I just discovered Akuma’s Tiger Knee air fireball and I’m looking for tips on how to do it. I’ve watched a couple videos, which has let me perform it once or twice, but far from regularly. On top of that, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, since in my mind, it should be coming out every single time.

I’m just doing the simple D, DF, F, UF and then punch. Sometimes it comes out, sometimes it doesn’t, and that makes it confusing to figure out what I’m doing wrong since I’m just doing the same inputs over and over again.

Any help would be appreciated!

Akuma FAQs: Quick questions & answers!

I do:

Down, df, forward, up forward, up, up back + punch.

The game registers the jump forward and not the jump back. By the time you get to up back, the punch is perfectly timed.

Motion must be fast. You didn’t need to make a thread though. General questions thread for small stuff.

Oh, thanks, I’ll try that out. I didn’t notice the general questions thread. I was looking around a little bit and I found the dead link in the Information directory sticky, so I decided to just make a thread about it. I’ll keep that in mind time, thanks again.

This is the video i learned from[media=youtube]QUK3fSke4JQ[/media]

D, DF, F, UF, DF (you need an additional F input else the game would give u fireball each time u were in crouch block and then jumped forward+P) will work.

Can you set up a cross-up air FB from a back throw? What are you best options from a back throw if not?

The only reliable crossup fireballs I’ve found are after df.palm knockdowns (you get a lot of time) and Ultra 1.
Its possible after df.throw but its difficult, personally.

You don’t have enough time after back throw; the opponent will be up and can walk forward right under you and punish. Your probable bet is j.lk, j.mk, some df shenanigan.

this thing is kinda hard to learn

The way it says to do it in that video is actually how I learned to do it on my own. I thought there was just something odd with the way the game is registering your motion and then punch if you do it at a regular speed. However, it’s also just as easy to do a half a circle motion from down to up and hitting punch at a normal speed too.