Time to get Serious! MvC:I Mega Man X Thread

mega-man-x

https://discord.gg/4f86Rf is the one I’m using you can opt into the X thread

Found this via twitch mobile. Looks pretty good imo. I wonder if it cab be done without power stone

It looks like you can totally forgo the power stone and go straight into the level 3 after the j.hk

Not a practical combo since it requires 5 meter by making Dante going DT then switching to X and gaining 4 Meter as X.

However I thought I’d just post this here for the World record 10094 damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDJT3KDsx6U

Corner Bnb 1 bar 6409 dmg

https://youtu.be/4x3WKAuWXAg

does sonic blade add more hit stun if you hit an airborne opponent rather than on ground?

Edit: Has anyone found any good jump ins?

I’ve been kind of experimenting with J. LK, j.HP standing HP. Seems like it’s useful, and I hear j.LK is a crossup, but I’ve never landed one.

Can someone post the notations for MM bnbs?

j lk is crossup but hard to use , and about de jump ins im suffering a lot >.<

Few quick notes on X zoning and approaching:

[list]
[] His Buster Light Punch follow-up (the forward dash) has a long recovery normally. You can cancel its recovery early with a special move, or a jump. This makes it possible to do things like buster -> dash -> buster -> dash -> buster -> dash -> lp, combo, starting from full screen.
[
] You can also charge the buster slightly for a series of L2 busters as you move in.
[] Or you can throw two busters then air dash into them or past them… shenanigans.
[
] Buster, dash, jump cancel, airdash back air buster, land buster… pretty good spam at different heights.
[] His Buster Light Kick follow-up (the backwards hop) also has a long recovery. It can’t be jump canceled, but it can be special canceled. This makes something like buster -> backdash -> buster possible, or buster -> backdash -> slicer.
[
] His hyper buster is pretty great for punishing tag spam. Unlike beam supers where the character sits there for 5+ seconds, he gets out relatively quickly. It also doesn’t totally ruin the resulting combo with scaling.
[/list]

The buster tech is greatly appreciated. Glad I’m not the only one trying my hardest to make this character work too

I’m looking into maining X and Zero for MVCI (even though I won’t play it seriously/competitively). Where’s a good place to start learning basic combos and mixups? Do they also have good synergy with each other?

The short hop instant overhead is pretty wild.

https://youtu.be/04um4jcdGWc

My advice on execution for it… superjump and then immediately hold down. Then hit LK a moment later. If you LK at the same time as hitting down, you’ll just fly up.

How is everyone doing in the capt marvel match up?

I play them and feel like they mesh well. I start Zero because I want those sword normals and movement options to build space to tag X and immediatley armor up. That’s when I can bully with fast charging buster and other projectiles.
Sonic slicer and rising fire cover areas Zeros projectiles dont reach, and lvl 2/3 buster from X isn’t reflectable, Zeros IS. Also with X setting up projectiles like boomeramg cutter or ice shield and then tagging into Zero and going into his dash special move is good for easy left/right mixups

tldr: Zero has better normals and movement, X has better projectiles. They cover each other well imo.

This is a meter hungry team though and while Reality is the flavor right now I’m rocking Mind for the storm. Both characters install supers are far too good.

X has a safe Light of armor setup as long as you can combo.

Corner only (afaik):
S.HP, S.HK, F.HK, C.HP x J.LK, J.LK, J.HP, J.HK, S.HP, S.HK, F.HK x Armor of Light -> what ever you come up with. I like to just keep it simple
C.HP x J.LK, J.LK, J.HP x QCF + p (doesn’t really matter which) x Full Charge.

It costs 2 meters, but you get a free armored up X, and you can just tag out and use him for later, or set up the field for okizeme.

I really love how X can set up traps and and baits for unaware players. Frost Shield sets up so many opportunities. I feel like it’s such a low profile move because you don’t really see X shoot it when you switch.

I’d really wish that the move was an over head, at least in the armor of light mode. I kind of wish the moves had different properties while in armored mode, but it’s what ever (I know X has never really worked like that)

after SCR i have really low hopes for X competitively, just a lotta, dorm, dante, ultron. X is too honest for this game :frowning:

It’s week one. Look at how long it took for people to hop off wesker and jean in mvc3, and play zero or morrigan… I’d say give it a 6mo’s to a year before we really count anyone in or out

Would also appreciate if anybody has time to write down some notations for combos, namely a corner carry bnb and a corner bnb.

A friend of mine advised using the Space Stone for the Maverick-hunting duo. I would go with Time Stone (because it compliments well with Zero), but I’ll experiment with the Stones and see where I can go from there.