Timing on j.hp, cl. hp, cr.mp xxx EX FBA

vega

First and foremost, I use the 360 controller and have used it with Vega since vanilla came out…so I’ve gotten accustomed to it… but I was wondering if you guys that do this combo plink it?

j.hp, cl. hp, cr.mp xxx EX FBA = one of his most essential and damaging combos in Super.
I do it consistently in training mode and press mp about 3/4th into the second slash…but when I play matches I drop it a lot…I was wondering if you guys plink it since I heard that this combo is a 1 frame link…

Any tips on truly getting down this combo on the pad? Timing properly? etc…
thanks

It’s a 2-framer. So doesn’t *really *need to be plinked. You can if you feel it helps you though.

There isn’t much to it aside from feeling out the timing. Pay a huge amount of attention to when that second claw slash on the cl.HP ends.
Also…considering your post. Have you considered that it’s crMP, not st/clMP? since that’s the vibe I’m getting from the way you posted that combo. You need to be crouching to kinda charge for the EX FBA ^_^;

Hey, appreciate the reply =]
Lol I made a mistake, I forgot to include crouching medium punch, thanks for pointing that out…guess I’m going to have to stick with the current cl.hp slash timing then, like I said it’s easy for me to do in training but in matches i find it really hard to link

Practice makes perfect. Honestly little more to it than that.

I always plink. There’s no reason not to, since it’s always beneficial. I even plink pokes, to force the habit.

Back when I used to play on pad, I could even link cr.LP’s consistently. And that’s a 1 framer. I’m no combo genius either, so never give up : )

i never plink anything unless absolutely nessessary. if i need to plink i just slide my thumb across the buttons

Plinking is perfect for the cl.hp combos. Even if you mess up the plink, cr.lp hits too. It also makes landing cr.hp and hk easier. Anyone that does well at this game plinks, except wolfkrone who has a really weird setup with the shoulder buttons and analog sticks on a ps3 controller.

It’s character specific. Wouldn’t rely on it.

Only link I plink is crlp > crMP. I even do it when just sitting there poking them out, not hitting the opponent X3
Vega doesn’t really have a lot that he can plink.

Plinking jabs doesn’t seem entirely useless though, if you’re a rewiring wizard.

Ha, it’s trap! Insteat of going “Hur plinkng jabs?” I’m gonnna spoil it right here for you and shout out “SELECT!” :slight_smile:

In case you don’t know what star is trying to get at - you can’t plink jabs. Well, actually you can, but you would need to use the select button :'D

:smiley: I would assume that select was well known by now, though.

But seriously isn’t this something that you, as Vega mains, have considered at least once? I know I have.

uses 6 button stick
Cannot make select button where it would need to be to plink
Considered it for a microsecond then lol’d going “No, I can already link it fine.”

i can wire it up so that every jab is plinked with the select button lol.

actually… i may try that tomorrow with my pad. anyone know if it is the same timing?

also how do you verify that the jab is indeed … plinked?

Not entirely sure what you’re asking… But in training mode the plink will show up as two inputs on separate rows, just like any other plink.

Just practice it. Everytime I land the close HP I count in my mind.

One-Two, Three, Bang

@ Vegaman. It isn’t a case of I can’t do it (since I’d be mighty scared of my modding skills if I couldn’t. Considered it’s a really big hobby of mine.) It’s more of “I really cannot be fucked with this.”

While you do have to hold down down back in order to charge, try pressing up forward when your ready to hit MP. So rather then charge down back > cr.MP > and THEN up forward KKK, do J.HP > ST.HP (charge down back) > up forward MP > KKK. The MP > KKK is a very quick and fluid 1 - 2 deal. Seems the input system is a bit lenient on this combo and pressing the up forward helps me pull it off more consistently.

But then with that method if you hold MP for a microsecond too long, you’ll get a negative edged MP.SHC =/