Tips for doing Chun's level 2 cancel of death?

chun-li

You know the combo I’m talking about.

cr.jab, cr.jab, cr.strong XX level 2 hoyosuken, lighting legs (2 hits) s.fierce XX level 1 hoyosuken, sj. hk.

I can’t link the s.fierce to the super for anything…any tips? Also, can you give tips for linking just the c.strong XX hoyosuken? Thanks.

well the C-chun combo isn’t too hard once you get the timing down, but there’s still always room for error. if i’m ever against K groove and i hit a level 2, i just go right into a level 1 at the last hit. consider the risk/reward ratio- i successfully complete the middle part and the level 1, and i just took 9500 of their life. or i miss the middle part, they block the level 1, and i eat a level 3 super in my face. the extra 1000-1500 damage i get in the middle doesn’t make up for the level 3 at all. or if you’re iffy on your execution, just go right into the level 1 right before the last hit of the level 2. damage is damage in cvs2, and the more you can get at one time without messing up, the better.

anyways, you first combo into the level 2 somehow. either crouching jab, crouching jab, crouching strong, level 2. or crouching jab, standing fierce, level 2. or standing/crouching strong, level 2.

after that, you wait until chun li does her first set of rushing kicks, then once she turns to do the other set, i tap roundhouse 5 times at a steady pace (no need to really mash it because it’s not that fast). if you time it properly, chun li should cancel her level 2 into roundhouse lightning legs towards the end of her level 2. at that point, you have 2 options. you can either…

a) standing fierce, level 1
b) crouching jab, crouching strong, level 1

they both do about the same damage and stun, so it’s player preference on which one to use. i like option b for some reason, probably because you can have more time to see if you got the link from the RH lightning legs. but standing fierce doesn’t give you enough time for you to recognize if you’re still comboing.

from there, i like to super jump fp instead of RH because i like to land and RC lightning legs to go for the dizzy. if i complete the entire combo, plus super jump fierce, then RC lightning legs, standing fierce, fireball, then they’re probably dizzy.

another method instead of hitting roundhouse 5 times is to drum your fingers from rh, mk, lk, then hit roundhouse twice. i like the other option better for some reason because of timing.

that pretty much explains it all. you’ll find out the link timing after rh lightning legs with practice, because that’s probably the toughest part.

peace

ggpo

does it work in S?

obviously not, because S doesn’t have level 2 cancels

You can do anything with CHUN-LI!

whats with the paradoxal posts?