To eat electricity...or not?


#1

Ok we all know that after Blanka’s bite throw, he’ll do a whiff mp blanka ball and fierce electricity. Recently I’ve played some K groovers who, after I did the bite throw on them, safe fall and got hit by the mp blanka ball. At first I’m like “wtf is he doing?” but as I got to thinking, maybe it’s actually better to safe fall and get hit by a blanka ball instead of eating the chip damage from electricity. So is this a viable strategy for safe fall grooves (meaning N and K)?


#2

In K it seems viable, as the meter you gain (whilst not great) is at least one advantage over just taking GC damage. N groove on the other hand I’d rather block then Alpha Counter/Roll depeding on the char I’m using.


#3

The amount of mix-ups you can do after a bite grab -> mp ball makes it worth getting hit out of it like that IF the Blanka player is smart and knows some good patterns to the mixup. If the guy only knows to just mp ball and electricity, I’d just JD it.

Also, you didn’t mention which groove the Blanka is in, so I’m gonna assume that it can be whatever.

I’ve personally played a few guys that would safe fall after the bite against my full meter C Blanka. I can say for sure that what they are doing is taking a better risk in their favor. When they got grabbed into the bite and saw my full meter, they were thinking that I would go for a cross-up/non-cross-up lv2/3 ball as they were getting up. Of course, I could catch their safe fall with the lv3, but it’s rather an unfavorable guess on the Blanka player that involves his whole meter. So by safe falling against a full meter Blanka after the bite grab, they have about 50% chance that they’ll get hit by a mp ball, 45% chance that they’ll get away with a safe fall because the Blanka guy was going for a cross-up super, and 5% or less chance that he’ll eat a lv3 super. This statistics apply to C/N Blankas a lot more so than K Blankas that don’t need to worry about meter at all.

Wouldn’t you say that you’d rather get hit by an mp ball than guess/decide which side a 5000-damage super is gonna end up when you wake up?

I’d rather guess/decide hehe


#4

Well I was using K groove Blanka myself so if that makes any difference, do tell.


#5

free slash for hibiki


#6

weird… usually when sum1 bites mk ball and elec I just do wakeup dp or rising tackle…


#7

vs. c blanka why not just wake up roll


#8

eh you could get thrown again.


#9

A few other characters can punish a deep-ish connected Blanka Ball iirc.


#10

no, against a super mixup


#11

Just my bad opinion:

Against rc electric (C,A,N groove) after mp ball, just do safe fall to eat the mp ball.

Against non-rc electric (P,S,K), just wait and punish with dp or else when wake up.
But, risky too cos with exactly 5p electric. Blanka can block the dp quickly & punish back immediately.
5p electric is very tricky…