Saturday, Aug 12th: TGA Ranking Battle and Special Guests from Japan!!!
** Tokyo Game Action is proud to present:**
*“The TGA Ranking Battles”
"Tokyo Game Action"
5 Summer Dr.
Winchendon, Massachusetts 01475
Date & Time:
Saturday, August 12th, 2006
Signups start at: 3pm-4pm*******
All tournaments START at: 5pm *******
All tournaments MUST END by: 12am (Store closes at that time)
**EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!
List of games:
Note: ALL games are in Japanese Double Cabinets with Sanwa parts
Capcom vs SNK 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Singles Tournament *******
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Team Tournament More details at the bottom of the page
Guilty Gear XX Slash
Super Street Fighter II X (aka ST)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
King of Fighters XI
Street Fight Zero 3
Entry fee details:
$10 Flat rate
$5 Entry fee for each game (CvS2 and 3s will be $10)*******
-The Flat rate charge will let you play for FREE the ENTIRE night, including the tournament and casual matches later on. This way people can have a lot more matches in and be able to enter every tournament without worry about expenses (except the entry fee).
-Minimum number of players needed for each game: 8
- If there is less than 8, we will do a Round Robin best 2/3
-Winnings/Prize money: 1st place - 70%, 2nd place - 20%, 3rd place 10%*******
-All the money made from these Battles will be put towards: paying off and buying more cabinets+games and keep these cabinets in the BEST condition they can be in.
-Seeding will be based on your “TGA Ranking Battle Points”. If you do not have any points you will be seeded randomly.
-DOUBLE ELIMINATION! Best 2 out of 3. FOR ALL GAMES (yes, CvS2 also.)
-Winners and Losers Finals will be best 3 out of 5. (Grand Finals will be 4/7, CvS2 will be 3/5 still.)*******
Match-up and Game Rules:
-If you lose, you can change your team/character. Winner must stick with the same character until he loses.
-CvS2, you MUST stay the same order if you win.
-SF3s you can change your SA (super art), even if you win.
-MvC2 and KoFXI you can change your team order, even if you win.
-There are to be NO GAME FREEZING GLITCHES IN ANY GAME. If you do i’m going to kick your ass! Plain and simple.
-ST: Gouki is banned!!!
Point system details:
1st Place - 10 Points
2nd Place - 7 Points
3rd Place - 5 Points
4th Place - 3 Points
5th Placers - 1 point
About TGA’s Arcade:
- TGA is an authentic Japanese Arcade. It has both Bemani(music) games and Fighting Games. ALL fighting games are in Japanese “candy” cabinets.
- All cabinets and games are in PERFECT condition (knock on wood )
- All cabs have brand new Sanwa parts
- There are also 12 lanes for bowling.
- We sell all kinds of Japanese/American snacks. We have bottled drinks along with fountain drinks.
- There is a cafe area which is going through some work, but will open up hopefully soon
- Virtual Tour of TGA:*** Coming soon…***
(Ranking Battle Matches will be recorded, if someone has an extra camera or two PLEASE make a post or send us a PM to this username so that we can capture these matches for everyone. Eventually we’re going to do Direct Feed.)
Special Main Event:
“Street Fighter III: 3rd strike Team Tournament”
- Time: When the RanBat Grand Finals finish.
- Entry fee: $10 cover charge (if you have already payed for the Ranking Battle cover charge you’re all set).
- Pot money: $15 ($5 per person), free play mode.
- Prizes: 1st place = 70%, 2nd place = 20%, 3rd place = 10%*******
- Teams of 3
- If you can not fulfill your team of 3, then you may choose to play alone, but you’ll be the only person on your team meaning: you lose one match you lose that game. There will still be a $15 entry fee. :arazz: :arazz: :arazz: *******
Single Match, Double Elimination rules:
- Each team will have their players play single matches (there is no 2/3 or 3/5 matches in this tournament). If your team loses against one team, you are still alive and able to continue in the tournament. But if your team loses twice in the tournament, you are eliminated.
- For example, Winner’s Bracket: If Player A of Team 1 defeats Players A, B, C on Team 2, Team 1 wins against that team and advances on to the next match in the Winner’s bracket. Team 2 will be also be able to continue in the tourney, but that will be in the Loser’s bracket. Don’t forget that you still have a chance for 1st place even though you are in the Loser’s bracket.[/color]
We are going to have special guests from Tokyo, Japan to compete in our tournament! The competitors are:
-Issei (SBO 2005 SF3s Finalist) [YU] ???(pretty sure he can’t make it :wasted: ) [COLOR=“Red”]*******
-Genki (SBO 2005 SF3s Qualifier) [AL]
-Masarou (Game Newton rep) [KE]
-Vanaow (Game Newton rep) [RY]
also, another special guest, but from NYC…
-KOfiend (SBO 2005 SF3s Qualifier) [YA]
Hope to see you all there! Bring on the competition to our NEW HOME:lovin: !
This announcement was brought to you by,
:karate: Tokyo Game Action :karate:
From 95 North, take the **EXIT towards 495 North.
From 495 N, take EXIT 29B, then that’ll be Rt.2 WEST. (20-30 min drive)
From Rt. 2 W, take EXIT 24B, then tha’ll be Rt.140 NORTH. (10-15 min drive)
From Rt. 140 N, keep going straight down for about 15 min.
Eventually you are going to run on a little bridge with a pond on your right, from there take a RIGHT onto Beech Street.
At the end of Beech St., take a right onto** 5 Summer Dr.** and you’ll see our beloved www.tokyogameaction.com :karate: