Tokyo Game Action's Street Fighter 4 release party Sept 25th-28th

FINALLY!!!

Our official release party for Street Fighter IV is going to be a 4 day event!! September 25th-28th.

Saturday the 27th, will feature free cake, cookies and SFIV prizes!!

The Japanese version of Street Fighter 4 will be housed on 4 single player widescreen Japanese cabinets networked together. All cabinets will use the official Capcom Street Fighter 4 Sanwa control panels.

As a special thank you gift to the fighting game community…

Tokyo Game Action will be doing the special fighting game flat rate all four days!! $20 per day for unlimited Street Fighter IV and all the other fighting games for one business day. (YES, $20 per day for ALL fighting games, fighting game list is located at the top of our homepage. One day is $20, two days is $40…etc).

This special rate will be available Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Street Fighter IV and ALL FIGHTING GAMES will be set to FREE PLAY. After paying the entry fee you won’t need tokens, just press start and play.

BECAUSE ALL FIGHTING GAMES WILL BE SET TO “FREE PLAY” NO SINGLE GAMES WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE TGA STREET FIGHTER IV RELEASE WEEK. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.

PLEASE BE ADVISED, THIS MEANS ALL PERSONS GOING INTO THE GAME ROOM WILL BE REQUIRED CHOOSE THE $20 FIGHTING GAME FLAT RATE OR THE $26 “EVERYTHING” FLAT RATE.

This includes spectators, friends, relatives, girlfriends, boyfriends, life partners, assistants, spiritual advisers,etc. So, if your mom is coming to TGA, you better tell her what a “Saving Attack” is, because she’s playing Street Fighter IV.

TGA Street Fighter IV release special dates and times

Thursday, September 25th 2pm to 10pm

Friday, September 26th 2pm to Midnight

Saturday, September 27th Noon to 2 AM!! Featuring CAKE AND COOKIES!

The Store will “close” at 11:00PM. Everyone will get free cake and cookies. ALSO, everyone who attends will be entered into a free raffle where three winners will get a special Street Fighter IV gift. After giving a short
(I promise) speech and eating cake, I will then hop in on SF4 with everyone.

Sunday, September 28th 2pm to 10 PM

SEPTEMBER 20th and 21st BONUS PREVIEW WEEKEND???

If all goes according to plan, and our cabinets arrive on time, we will be doing a special preview weekend on Saturday September 20th and Sunday the 21st. YES, the $20 fighting game flat rate will be available on Saturday the 20th and Sunday the 21st!! (This means that no single games will be available and that everyone will have to select the daily $20 or $26 flat rate). I will post more information as it becomes available.

Thank you everyone for your continued support and encouragement. It’s been really frustrating staring at four Street Fighter IV kits for past the few weeks. Ironically, we were the first in the US to have SFIV but sadly we had no cabinets to put them in due to shipping delays.

Although this was beyond our control, on behalf of TGA I want to apologize to everyone for the delay. I am working to get the cabinets here as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience and encouragement. Your kind words and support have kept our collective spirits up through this challenging time.

Your donations and participation in the fundraiser made this happen. I hope you will come and enjoy this game that you worked hard to get to TGA. This game is the result of your hard work, dedication and loyalty to the TGA cause. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

If you have any questions please contact me. All press pass inquiries and other questions should be directed to my office at 1-978-297-1295. If you need any assistance in planning your trip please don’t hesitate to ask, we look forward to seeing and playing SFIV with everyone!!

Respectfully,

Andy, Chie and Gavin
Tokyo Game Action Inc.

good shit

Fuck sf4 I want them cookies…

Money Match list:

Spictom: $10
Deathscythe: $10
Joey Crack: ??
NerdJosh: $5

other takers?

Secure me housing and I’m in.

Andy is cheating playing it on non official cab.

How many times i gotta say OK?

Word up, home slice. :tup:

Anybody going the for the weekend interested in splitting room costs? Shouldn’t be that bad.

Edit: NerdJosh is running a GGAC tourney at TGA on console the 27th. If anybody wants to run something else (console only) let me know please.

oh yea the new shit is here… yall nigga’s are going to be put in yall fucking place…my time has come to show my true power of h8… bring that shit my nigga’s let’s walk in the land of HADES… fuck all that ain’t down with the H8

ATTENTION EVERYONE! CALLING ALL NEW ENGLANDERS!

If you have video footage of any of the recent ranbats (from 2k7-2k8) please send me some of the files for i am in need of video footage for a little project. ESPECIALLY what i need most is actual live footage (not live feed). [Example: Video recording of hype in/outside of TGA or players wildin out].

PLEASE PLEASE GET IT TO ME ASAP, your contribution is much appreciated. Send me a pm or aim me at Inferno2484. THANK YOU! :china:

<#<#<#<#<#<# Gavin

yall nigga’s need to get yall fucking swagger hate up… the first person i wont to play is KING RAOH… right now in my eyes becuz he’s been playing street fighter 4 hardcore more then wack nes and bitchdown ralf lol… i’ll will crush you with the power of hades raoh. have at you!!!

Agreed. :tup:

My boy has some footage from the guilty tourney, theres alot of people yelling FREE. :rofl:

We have the same cabs as ArcadeUFO. Sweet sub screen on top.

http://www.rs2006.co.jp/j/delta32/640.jpg
http://www.rs2006.co.jp/j/delta32/index.html

I’m absolutely trying to get live stream going!!!

i can shake the sf4 cabs :lovin:

give me!

those are fuckin nice

I was thinking about running a World Heroes Perfect tourney if people are interested. Not sure if anyone would actually enter a WHP tournament besides me and RushedDown, but I’ll bring it for casual games in any case.

I have the American version of World Heroes Anthology, the only difference I know of between WHP on that and the Japanese version is the lack of a combo counter.

As updated in the headline, we are going to set the machines to 3/5 with no win limit for Saturday and Sunday.

Regarding the 3/5, whether this remains as standard will be up to the community as a whole. If this is something that proves beneficial to the overall community and game experience, then I have no issues keeping it that way. I also want to keep the $20 free play program benefit for fighting games, but that’s a discussion for another day I guess.

The win limit I would like to keep off as standard for good. If you earn your keep, you should stay on the machine. That’s my school of thought anyway.

I know there are two schools of thought on the 2/3 versus 3/5. As this is not going to be a formal tournament 3/5 should work out well at least for casuals for the weekend.

With 4 cabinets, things should move pretty quick. However, if 3/5 presents a MAJOR time consumption problem we can go back to 2/3. I guess we will know more during and after the event.

When we do our first tournament in October, we can revisit the 2/3 versus 3/5.

Well, at any rate, hope to see you soon I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks everyone!

Andy

I think nobody will have a problem going back to 2/3 after the release party.

Updated my mm list. Don’t be scared kids.