"top players".-My talk with PerfectLegend

So today I was scrolling through my twitter when I came across a post by Carl white AKA perfect legend saying that he was getting annoyed when he was playing a game that wasn’t his main and people were getting hype when they beat him. I replied back telling him that if its not his main then why should he care? He obviously cares about it to tweet. so he should take the game more seriously. We get into a heated argument that can be viewed on my twitter @ClutchCombo or his twitter @PerfectLegend. and he ends up blocking me because I told him that I think Korea is the best at SF4 right now because America is the best at mk9 and because I told him that he and daigo aren’t in the same league as of yet.

I didn’t make this article to stir drama or to create a scene, in fact I did it for the opposite. I wanted to know if what I said or did crossed the line. All I see was me giving a “top player” a little incentive to play other games and maybe he can pop off but it seemed like Carl got really angry. Is this what we do now? Is this what the FGC is? Although the community can be helpful and rough at the same time I feel that some of the top players feel that because they get screen time that they are better than everyone else. They can treat/talk to anyone anyway they want and thats not right. Why do we praise someone who doesn’t give back? I just want some answers in where we go from here because every time I see good things for us they get clouded by the negative people who join the FGC. Personally I blame greed.

Someone give me some feedback.

"top players".-My talk with PerfectLegend

Discuss anything you like. But if you’re talking about fighting games, please take it to Fighting Game Discussion!

To be fair, it’s in very small print and hard to see.

" I think Korea is the best at SF4 right now because America is the best at mk9 and because I told him that he and daigo aren’t in the same league as of yet. "

That’s some shitty logic right there, but that’s to be expected when you are taking a small pool to be a representation of the whole community.

I remember PerfectLegend was one of the pioneers to get MK9 to competitive play, so wtf do you mean about not giving back?

Finally, what pozerwolf said.

Should be in fighting game thread but, everyone is just human and different from one another.

This, and the fact that it’s PL so why are we taking what he says seriously?