Total Control 2 converter

I’ve been looking for PS2 -> DC converters so I can use my Hori T5 for marvel. I’ve only been able to find the Total Control 2 available…all others were sold out or unavailable. I was wondering if this is a good converter w/out lag. Any links for other available PS2 -> DC converters(preferably innovation, heard good things about it) for sale would be appreciated.

actually the Total Control is recommended than the TC 2. Innovation is also recommended, however, the majority of the websites who sell it are all sold out. The Total Control Adapter can be found in this link. And yes, it’s ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-controller-to-Dreamcast-adapter-Total-Control_W0QQitemZ190034429536QQcmdZViewItem

Thank you for your input, Project_K.

Which is better between the TC and the Total Control Plus? Do they both have VMU slots?

you’re welcome dude. according to this thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131005, the VMU slot for the TC Plus sometimes stops working and the buttons puts themselves in a auto-fire glitchy mode. From the looks of it, it doesn’t sound good. Nowadays, people recommend the Innovation and Total Control adapter for ps2-dc conversion, especially for Evo tournaments. Oh yeah, the Total Control adapter doesn’t have a VMU slot. Only the Innovation one has it.

I haven’t had any problems with Total Control Plus. I would have just used the Total Control but it wouldn’t work for my stick. R2 was set for my Roundhouse and the TC wouldn’t recognize R2.

what kind of stick do you have?

It’s a custom.

The Total Control Plus is great except that the VMU slot doesn’t work if an HRAP2 is plugged in as well and it can actually cause some problems (haven’t tried with a dual shock yet). It has an arade stick setting which maps R1 and R2 to C and Z which is pretty much essential and I’m not sure if the other Total Control adapters have that.

Not to steal the question at hand here or shift topic…but…

I just purchased the total control 1 and I have sf:15th anniversary stick and it will not work with the total control? Every other ps2 stick and controller I own will work with the total control but except for the one I want to use. Is there something wrong with my stick? I cant figure out what the problem is.

im2slow: While far from being a sound technical explanation–nevermind a solution–most people who have experience with electronics-this and soldering-that reply to this sort of thing with little more than “The SF stick’s PCB sucks.” Apparently it’s worth your while replacing it with a DualShock PBC, they’ll tell you. :sad:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the TC Plus was the only TC that has that. It’s the reason I was going to pick it too.

Are the problems with HRAP2 only to do with the VMU plug-in working? Or can you still get that autofire error without a VMU attached to the adapter?

Dude dont wast your time with total control 2. I have the smart joy plus 2 and is teh SHIT!

[quote=“deadfrog, post:10, topic:24390”]

im2slow: While far from being a sound technical explanation–nevermind a solution–most people who have experience with electronics-this and soldering-that reply to this sort of thing with little more than “The SF stick’s PCB sucks.” Apparently it’s worth your while replacing it with a DualShock PBC, they’ll tell you. :sad:

WORD?

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up. I’m merely trying to work on a temporary budget.

I have a Total Control Plus and it’s awsome!! no lag @ all.

DeadFrog, when I don’t have a VMU plugged into the Total Control Plus, it works perfectly. No lag, no problems with buttons glitching out, it just works as intended.

i have the tc2 converter, psx > dc and it works fine. I play marvel religiously and theres not a damn thing wrong w\ it.