Tournaments

Ok I am very new to all this. How do tournaments work? What are all these losers brackets and winners brackets? And if you could give any tips of how to get better at Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or Street Fighter that would be great!!!

There is a tournament / event thing on this site.
Tournaments & Events

If your not already uber 1337 or some nonsense where you get 100% win rate or 99% is passable your kinda wasting your time with these sort of things. If you want a tip, give Diago or Justin a call and they’ll teach you of their ways.

US Tournaments are typically run using double elimination, each match being best 2 out of 3. Winners bracket are the people who haven’t lost yet. After losing in winners, you get sent to losers. If you lose your match in losers, you are out.

And, ignore A-Z. If you want to get into fighting games, one of the best things you can do is start attending as many tournaments as possible. You’ll get exposed to a wider variety of play-styles, get to meet locals, and honestly, they’re just plain fun. A friend of mine once said, “I don’t go to tournaments so much for Street Fighter but all the random shit that happens to me.”

Whenever you are in a room full of people who care a lot about your hobby, it can only be fun.

As for tips in SF/Marvel, your question is way to general for me to be able to help you.

This is the worst advice I have ever read. Ignore this guy, going to tournaments will REALLY help you out, even if you’re going to go 0 and 2. It helps with nerves, you learn to deal with pressure, and you’ll find out that a lot of people play completely differently when money is on the line.

^lol. Go to your next local tournament to get your feet wet. You can see how everything works firsthand/meet some friends/get some tips/see how you do in the hot seat.