Transformers Movie Thread - Bumblebee is our last hope

Honestly I feel like the G1’s are just there for the sake of bringing in nostalgic suckers and hoping their good will gesture of making the Transformers looks like the G1 counterparts will outweigh true fact the movie is going to be mediocre at best.

Every preview I’ve seen for the movie comes across as “Teenage girls falls in love with alien car. John Cena is here too”.

This movie is basically going to be the 2007 movie, but more coherent. After seeing some of Knight’s other project’s I am not so worried. I will agree that I don’t think that it will be anything defining for the franchise, other than “we’re sorry for what came before”.

Advanced Screening tonight. Anyone going?

Is that something to be won or could it be purchased like a regular showing?

It was something that could be purchased. It was very limited in number.

So far from fans it’s the best Transformers movie ever. Critics are saying it’s good but nothing mindblowing. Personally I expect this to be a retread of the 07 movie. I think fans are saying it’s great because of the eye candy more than the substance. Reminds me of how Rogue One was elevated to MUST SEE because of the last 5 minutes of the movie.

I am definitely hopeful though.

Here we go

Hotrod/Rodimus Prime is one of my all-time favorite Transformers! I just love his look & design so much. The creativity at Marvel/Hasbro at the time was really firing on all cylinders. But then just about all the new characters looked dynamite, Magnus, Kup, Scourge, Springer, etc.

And i really liked the recent Power of the Primes Rodimus. A little chunky but, it works for him and looks a lot better in person for some reason. Love the headsculpt and the war-tested commander look. His transformation is also creative as hell and i like how everything is involved in the robot mode. No external trailer chunks left over.

Edit: Also this is basically “Powermaster” Rodimus Prime. Long overdue for Rodimus.