Trigger Trouble (One Mirrors the other)

So I’m wiring up my first custom stick, everythings going great, got the joystick wired up, getting ready to do the buttons. Except, I’m running into a bit of trouble with the triggers

http://kimag.es/share/94739366.jpg

My pcb looks like that, i’ve wired a button to each of the top connectors for each trigger (I circled them and wires are running to the two top points marked by red and black lines)

Now, the right trigger functions perfectly, however, the left one has the same effect as pressing the right one, does anyone know why this is happening?’

EDIT: I’d also like to note that the trigger assembly isnt removed as I dont plan to, so I don’t think a resistor is necessary.

Also, a pic of my stick thus far here. Know that bit isn’t relevant, just want to say thanks to you guys for getting me this far.

I’m not an expert but from what I’ve read in other posts, the resistor is required to make the triggers work properly.

Lol, I finally gave in and removed the triggers and wired in the resistors. Works like a charm, sorry for the trouble, thanks :wgrin: