Triple corner tackle

urien

i was working on my Urien last night and i discovered?? that Urien can do a triple tackle…heres what i did…im playing on the ps2.

ok in the corner cr.F then a light tackle xx F.aegis then do a F.tackle then two medium tackles…

ive done it plenty of time im just checking if anybody else knew about this or am i just really really late

late, but better late than never.

Yes, but you waste the aegis.

um, it’s not a waste if you can get 40-60 points more damage that’s GUARANTEED. Aegis isn’t exclusively used for unblockables, low/high mixups, and ping-pongs. Aegis is one of the most flexible supers in 3S, don’t limit yourself to a couple ways of Aegis useage.

If you wanna use meter for more tackles why not just do cr.Fierce, MK tackle, EX tackle, MK tackle? Does a little more damage, and then youll hopefully still have meter to cancel into jab Aegis, and then the RH kneedrop unblockable.

The method described is a safe way to get good damage, and Im all for different uses of Aegis, but the using EX tackle in the middle costs you less meter and gives you a chance for bigger damage. That kneedrop unblockable is really easy.

using an aegis allows you to do all that, but from further away from the corner, a distance where the mk. tackle --> ex tackle wouldn’t normally connect.

but yes, if your opponent is near the corner, or in the corner, go for the unblockable. if he’s about mid-screen or more, take your chances with an aegis cancel into more tackles.

[quote=aznflict]
using an aegis allows you to do all that, but from further away from the corner, a distance where the mk. tackle --> ex tackle wouldn’t normally connect.QUOTE]

Thats true , I automatically thought of the corner when I saw the original post, where its ok to do that but an unblockable is much better. I should refrain from talking strategy when I first wake up lol, things tend to escape my memory:lol:

That combo is actually only useful on ONE single character in the game, Q. Can be done anywhere on the screen against him and pushes him to corner really fast. And it’s…

cr.fp > lk tackle > lp aegis > hk tacklex3

And yes… damage is damage but it’s just a waste of meter. And the building of meter is shit when doing that combo too btw, except on Q for some strange reason :S.

Come to think of it… The ONLY other character this shit can be useful on is maybe akuma…

Edit: I’m not sure about the meter-building as i dont have my ps2 here to try it out.

I usually do it when I’m near the corner (see my thread).

The way I see it, you build SO MUCH of it back, that it’s not really wasting it.

Free taunt afterwards too :karate:

i tend to do it also, but mostly when i’m out of range for mk tackle --> ex tackle --> hk tackle. although, i like it, it has a “cool” factor (like, your opponent is sitting there like “WTF?!?”), and like emphy said, it builds back a ton of meter. not sure on the damage, but it has to be the same, if not more than mk tackle, ex tackle, hk tackle…

You can get 6 tackles against an airborne opponent in the corner fairly easily if you wanna throw away two meters. :slight_smile:

Is there any difference between (MK tackle, EX tackle, HK Tackle) and (EX tackle, HK tackle, MK tackle)? I usually do the 2nd one out of habit…

EDIT: oh yeah, if anyone knows how to do nonstop tackles in the corner (not EX or aegis) like I see in crazy combo vids, let me know. I’m guessing programmable sticks are the trick… since I never see it happen in match vids.

done on ken:

mk tackle, ex tackle, hk tackle = 64 pts of damage
ex tackle, hk tackle, mk tackle = 63 pts of damage
ex tackle, mk tackle, mk tackle = 62 pts of damage

mk, ex, hk yields a point more of damage, but it’s a bit harder to pull off. ex tackle into whatever is a no brainer, so i guess…

I don’t want to sound like a newb and I might if I ask this, but what is the tackle you all keep mentioning? Is it the shoulder crush? I think that’s what it is.

yeah. the official name is, Chariot Tackle (back 2 sec, foward, kick button). everyone just calls it “tackle” for short.

Another good one in the corner (if you don’t mind using a bit more meter) is:

c.fp, mk tackle xx fp aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle, lp headbutt = 74 pts of damage
c.fp, mk tackle xx fp aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle, mp headbutt = 75 pts of damage
c.fp, mk tackle xx fp aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle, fp headbutt = 73 pts of damage

EDIT - also:

c.fp, mk tackle, mk tackle xx fp aegis, rk tackle, mk tackle - 76pts of damage