Triple PCB arcade stick

If you absolutely must be able to brawl Brawl and Melee with a stick, then your only options are to use a UPCB, or wait a couple of months until I get GameCube added to the Cthulhu.

You could use a hacked Wiimote like suggested above, but that would only help for Brawl. You could try to get an analog stick and wire that to the left analog stick on a GCN controller, but you’d still be left with a bunch of stuff you couldn’t perform (like Peach floating dair), and you’d be talking on hell of a lot of work getting the wiring all together, and that same stick would be useless for putting the other two pcb’s into.

I’m not trying to make it seems like I’m a salesman pushing for a sell; I’m a geek who likes his sticks. I’ll spell out all of the different options you have, but if Brawl is a must have in your stick, a UPCB or (eventually) a multiconsole Cthulhu is the best way to go.

D’OH!
I’m so stupid! I played a tons of Brawl games but I never thought about the analog stick issue.

lol I love SSBB but I love more my legs and arms and so I’ll play it with a Gamecube controller.

Now I have a question for the control panel material and the buttons.
Is it better a wood or alluminum control panel? (resistance,resilience,weight issues)
And, obviously depending on the control panel’s thickness, screw in buttons or not? (stability over time and other issues)

Now the UPCB and Cthulhu’ stock are going to the sky :wgrin:
I can wait a couple of months while finishing the box so tell me which of the 2 is the best pcb to play DoA,VF,SC,TvsC,SSBB,Tekken,SF,Guilty Gear only on the Wii/360/PS3.

I’m a geek too for other things and I’d like to become a stick’s geek so I appreciate every options and tips from all of you

Honestly, since you can choose from wood or aluminum, it all comes down to your preference. As to snap-in or screw-in, again, it’s all depending on preference. Regardless of which way you go, wood, aluminum, screw-in or snap-in, as long as you’re not submerging these things underwater or throwing them against the floor, they’ll last you a long, long while.

And again, for your PCB thing, it’d be wisest to get a UPCB. It already has PS2/PS3, Gamecube, and to an extent, Xbox 360 support down. You just need to supply an Xbox 360 common ground PCB such as the Madcatz 360 pads and your own d-terminal to console cables, both of which I believe Toodles links you how to do in the UPCB topic.

I asked that because here I read that the sanp-in buttons with time will become loose and to how put the screw-in ones you must have a thick control panel that couldn’t be made in alluminium.
I think that I’ll use hte wood to increase the weight if necessary or the alluminum for make it lighter

I have read everything on the UPCB and I’m sold.
I’ll buy from Toodles a bare pcb and build it on my own.
About the cables for PS3/360 can I use a simple USB cables isn’t it?

[quote=“G0d3L, post:25, topic:49789”]

I asked that because here I read that the sanp-in buttons with time will become loose and to how put the screw-in ones you must have a thick control panel that couldn’t be made in alluminium.
I think that I’ll use hte wood to increase the weight if necessary or the alluminum for make it lighter

quote]

Who said you cant put screw in on aluminum? Thats the first I heard of that. I dont think that true.

[quote=“G0d3L, post:25, topic:49789”]

I’ve made wooden and aluminum cases, both end up about the same weight. Both are great to play on and don’t prefer one over the other. On the snap ins vs screw ins, that comes down really to how thick is the top panel. I usually go with the screw-ins because its less to worry about. All of the sticks I’ve made should fit either, I just find it easier to work with screw-ins. If you go with the screw-ins watch the button layout just make sure they are not to close or you won’t be able to screw the nuts on.