With all this talk of patching umvc3, what changes would you like to see for Trish? To be honest, I highly doubt there’s going to be a patch but it’s fun to speculate.
Here’s what I’d like to see. The following are balanced changes that I think would buff the character without making her broken.
- Hopscotch should otg:
- It’s a glyph on the ground so logically it should hit characters lying on the ground. The bolt would pop them up into the air for a combo and this would allow Trish to get some meaningful conversions off her throws which is one of her biggest weaknesses currently. This would also create some incentive for people to use the hopscotch assist.
- Increase knockdown time on her ground and air throws:
- this is to allow for hopscotch otg so she can actually convert off her throws
- Make her level 3 mashable for more damage:
- All the other supers where someone’s getting shot with a gun are mashable so this should be too
- Significantly reduce the startup and recovery on all her low voltages OR increase damage, hitstun, and durability on her projectiles
- her projectiles are ass and need a significant buff (both buffs would be a bit OD so either one would be cool with me)
- Round harvest only goes forward on hit:
- right now this super travels so randomly, it makes follow-up combos very inconsistent for no reason at all
Stuff that I would like to see that probably isn’t fair:
- give her back the ability to spam traps in the air like in vanilla (air hopscotch x3 was sooo good, how I miss it)
- round harvest doesn’t go away when Trish blocks
- increased durability, hitbox, and stun time on peakaboo
- reduce startup of hopscotch from 15 frames to 10 frames (ie. make it come out at the same speed as peakaboo)
- increased hit stun on all of her moves to allow for easier hit confirms and conversions at superjump height
- reduced hitstun deterioration so she can have some swaggier combos (how is it fair that magneto can hit you with like 15 C’s per combo and trish only gets one relaunch?)
- give her a beam move (imagine it looking like a single yellow version of strange’s bolts and make it the same command as bolts, ie. atk + S)