Trouble with Adobe Flash

I’ve been having issues watching videos on youtube. I never used to have a problem with this, but now I do not get ANY audio from flash videos.

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the newest version of flash (it says Flash has been successfully installed, and then restarting my comp many times to no avail.

What can I do to fix the problem?

mod should change the thread title to Trouble with Adobe Flash Player

what browser are you using shinraven

Ie

I’m using Internet Explorer, but I’ve also tried Firefox

help anyone?

I’ve heard of a lot of people getting no sound out of Flash Player 9. Maybe retreat to 7 and see if you get sound back? Not sure how many sites you’ll be locked out of then for using the old version though.

EDIT:

This was taken from a different site:

Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter “wavemapper” (without quots of course), ENTER, type “msacm32.drv”, ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the help man, now it works.

I recently formatted my computer and now Flash doesn’t work for me again. I tried the registry method (which worked last time) but now it doesn’t work. Plus I have installed and uninstalled the player and the plugins multiple times, but to no avail.
Still I am getting no sound from flash videos. What can I do to get it working again?

anyone?

somebody? anybody?

…Bueller?