I hope one of them is post-noogie xup slide into headbutt on Chun/Claw and also forward drilling clean over fireballs.
Some Killing Arts of Yoga, perhaps? :shy:

I’m trying to work on this, but I’m in the middle of a move to another city, and I’m starting a new job next week.

Hopefully I’ll have some progress to report soon though.

I just tried this out two days ago, pretty cool. I think another good training scenario would be for first-frame reversals. Just set it up with Zangief doing a meaty sweep that you have to uppercut/flash kick/super to survive.

Something to be aware of there is that getup timing is character specific. (And can be position specific.)

Any basic examples?

Well, it is faster at the corner, for instance, as some weird things happen when characters touch the border of the screen after getting thrown, reset or knocked down. This really changes things but it s must-learn thing for Gief and Hawk. Anyway, it does not matter as one should create a lua file that would load a save state: both characters would be determined. For a different position, it would just load a different save state. For instance, you could have a Gief training lua that asks that you to a safe jump mid screen, then load an SPD towards your own corner and ask that you safe jump, then, finally, load an SPD towards the other corner and ask that you safe jump. It could be then improved with different types of knockdown, such as lariats, and different types of reversals (say, Ryu will use Shoryuken, that Gief will block or evade, and after that another state with a short Tatsu, that Gief must punch, lariat or throw).

There are some big tournaments I hope many of you can get out to this weekend. One great way to use the program is to keep in mind which critical tactics/attacks your opponents used during the tournament, and make scripts for you to practice the counter. Having video footage of your matches is great but sometimes you can remember it clearly enough and make the script anyways.

Actually I think I included one script like that: take a look at \macro\macro\ssf2t-reversal-training.mis (dammit’s original). I think it uses 1.sta save state, unless I changed that for the installer build. Indeed, an excellent use of the program and others like it (make it for different char/side of screen, as obr said just make a new save state for any given scenario you like) can be easily made and edited. One note about that- I was able to get the Reversal message to appear on the screen sometimes, but not always with that script (Turbo 3 setting of ST probably explains this more than anything). I could also get the flash kick to come out after Zangief’s cr. LK by charging down-towards (getting hit by light kick, then Flash Kicking), as well as blocking (down-back) then Flash Kicking. In any case, extremely useful to get the technique down and very practical.

XSPR has given me a write-up and explanation on TRUST, which you can read here.

can someone please help me with finding the rom that goes with this program

We can not help you with ROMs. We are sorry.

Also related to ROMs, we can now check the hitboxes of the game. If you check papasi’s post about seeing boxes, you will find a thread for it, in which there is a dead link to the file.

I’d suggest you to look at pasky’s hud thread instead

read all the pages

Thank you for your beginners thread it is very helpful and i have found many good links with match up data and strategies.

Thank you for the link. I found everything i need now i can get to T.R.U.S.T

cool stuff, congrats!

I have translated some of the stuff into Portuguese, and posted it in a local forum. A link to Kuroppi’s blog with XSPR’s extra explanations has been added to the Wiki, too.

Awesome! Thanks oldschool and Kuroppi, I appreciate it.

This is really amazing! But when I press the roundhouse button on my horiEX2, it crashes the program. Any ideas?

Thanks for checking it out! The crash you describe would definitely be a new one- have you tried using your stick with the other lua script apps (throwbox display etc.)? You can test by clicking Execute from TRUST, and then in the lua console window that appears stop the script and load one of the other ones. Is roundhouse mapped to Button 6 in the TRUST Mame, and possibly anything else? What happens if you map roundhouse to a keyboard key or try it with another stick? Also I haven’t tested this on 64 bit yet, only Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 2000.

If I run trustsf2-hitboxes.lua, then roundhouse works normally and doesn’t crash. But if I load any lesson script (like the first block standing script), it crashes.

roundhouse is mapped to joy1 button 9. that isn’t mapped to anything else. If I map roundhouse to a key, it works fine.

If I map the same button to forward, it crashes too. If I map a different button on the same stick to roundhouse, it works. The button that keeps crashing is the “RT” button on the hori ex2.

I tried a few times but could not get a crash. The TRUSTsf2-hitboxes.lua script is just the hitboxes script and doesn’t check for button presses but if that works normally it’s definitely strange behavior… you didn’t happen to edit anything in input-moduleST.lua by any chance? (no reason to do so) If you are able to remap roundhouse and it’s just the HoriEX2’s RT button, this won’t matter but just for kicks please confirm this as line 51 in that lua script file:

i[n…“HK”] = {x+dx*(n-1)+0x40, y+dy*(n-1)+0x8, “P”…n…" Strong Kick", “P”…n…" Button 6"}

Is there any error message at all or do both windows (both Mame and TRUST window) just close? There may be a black box appearing (briefly) but that is normal to put focus back on the TRUST UI window after exiting the emulator with Coin/Back button (the other thing I was going to ask to check was if it was mapped to Coin but it seems like it’s restricted to RT button on the HoriEX2 and/or the input module lua script. I tested this with my HRAP-EX (Hori Real Arcade Pro EX), and I don’t have a button 9 to configure to test it with, though all others seem to work fine in lesson scripts (Buttons 0,1,2,3,6,7,10,11). The closest thing to something like this was a crash when I stopped a running script in the lua console once, loaded another one (Ran it), then Coin to exit generated a crash dialog like Lua Error in LOAD function:
[path of trust145cRoundhouse.lua]:771: [etc., complaining about my changing the framediff variable] but I couldn’t reproduce that and suspect it has more to do with trying to load and track multiple states within the same lesson script than a button issue.

If anyone else has a HoriEX2 to test with please let us know if you can get this to crash with its RT button!

Is there any way to generate random numbers within a script? eg. Suppose I want P2 to walk/wait for a random number of frames between 12 and 20?