Trying to decide between these two, plz help

Ive been maining Adon for a long time and its time for me to get a sub. Ive been playing around till i brought it down to 2 characters: E.Ryu and Yun. I know its not a question to most of you, but knowing that e ryu is footsie heavy with great damage out put, while Yun is pressure heavy with high damage output, knowing that Adon has footsies and pressure is what makes me lean toward them. But i cant just puck one. When i use one and say ok him, ill see someone use the other and say hmm well he has this, and so on. So i just need some to push me to one side. Id rather you guys say use him qnd give me benefiting reasons why. So please help me choose

Why not just use all three? If you’re just subbing those two you won’t need to drop anyone imo. If I had to pick either one I’d say pick Yun since he’s the better character. He’s almost flawless as a design. The only hole in his game is that his DP can’t be FADC’d but even that is a minor problem.<div><br></div><div>If you want to get better at the game though I’d recommend Evil Ryu. His pokes are on the slower side (though faster than Adon’s) but they’re manageable and the rewards you get out of landing his cr. mk are huge. The slow footsie normals are actually great for learning footsies since whiff punishing with a seven frame normal is obviously harder than it is with a Yun’s five frame normals. Again something that could also be seen as a good reason to pick Yun over Evil Ryu. E. Ryu has a great throw game, good zoning and good wake-up pressure. </div><div><br></div><div>His footsies are only decent but when applied properly they can be devastating since he has the fwd. MK move which beats lows, throws and crouch teching.</div><div><br></div><div>I’d say both are great picks and I could go into more detail for both characters but really I’d just be doing the job you’re supposed to be doing. Yun’s a better character in almost every area but Evil Ryu is still a great pick and has his own little intricacies.</div>

use them all because you can<br>benefits: more knowledge<br>dont say you cant

then how would training go? I play BB and KoF, and im not planning on dropping them. Plus im in college and I work. I wouldn’t have even put this post up if I thought I could play all three, and I would if it wasnt for the amount of time I would have to put in. Yun getting down them genei jin combos, R. Ryu getting down his footsies and a billion 1 - 2 frame links, i don’t its crazy

If you manage one team in KOF then you should be able to manage playing two subs in SSF4.

True, ill try and see what happens

I made the final decision to sub Yun only… for now. The thing is E. Ryu’s 1 frame links are a big necessity and I don’t have the time to invest in that practice yet. So for now im sticking yo Yun (would use Yang but his damage output is not enough for me) until schools over. By then I should have Yun down to a good point, which is when I will start using E. Ryu, hopefully by the time im back in school I will have 3 super charged chracters in my arsenal haha

<span style=“color: rgb(24, 24, 24); font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>“Be self aware, rather than a repetitious robot”<br>it really shouldn’t take you more than an hour to get 1 frame links down<br>makotos hayate cancels, elf RSF, viper FFF are much harder because there’s more than 1 button involved in doing a link<br>have a little faith in yourself, eryu links are easy<br>and since you play adon, i’ll assume you’ve got spacing down so there’s even less work</span>

ok fine, ill try and do 2 subs. Although they’re not coming out of the lab for a long time haha. Good call on the quote btw

From my guess, if you’re good with pressure go Yun, if you’re better with consistent links and combos go E.Ryu

You can do just fine playing E.Ryu without 1 frame links, there’s more to this game than maximizing damage at every opportunity. Of course it is crucial if you play at the highest level.E.Ryu can do 350 with a 2F links, good luck finding other chars who can do that.

i allways said : your sub character should be a character that beats all your bad matchups!
thats how you should choose a sub!

for example: my sub is cammy because she beats my hardest matchups (dalshim,adon,balrog)