Tsrai's Pinao Technique

blanka

I’ve been watching Tsrai’s videos and have noticed something about the way he performs jab xxx FP electricity.

Using that video as an example, every time he gets it it seems like he is plinking the inputs, in other words he’ll have something like:

HP
MP
LP MP
MP
LP

Is he plinking the second input for LP effectively giving him two inputs, making the sequence into FP easier? Or is he just sliding, any feedback would be appreciated.

that would end in lp electricity

He typed it in reverse order.

He’s just being sloppy. You don’t cheat any inputs by plinking.

sometimes when I look at my inputs I have like

HP
MP
MP/HP
MP
LP

or

HP
HP
HP
MP
LP

My slides are mad sloppy lol.

I slide lp, mp, hp, 3xppp (mp), hp. I have my 3xppp button set to mp. So easy. Instant jab xx hp.elec. If you set 3xppp to hp it doesn’t work, game doesn’t recognise hp, hp, hp… too many hp inputs too quickly.

he probably doesn’t intend the plink, I get a plink when I piano but it’s not intended. It doesn’t make a difference.

(in… non reversed order)
lp
mp
mp,hp
lp
hp

If you run your fingers from lp to hp (or the other way) with the same gaps between each press, then the fastest timing will always result in a plink because of the input merge window. If double plinking were possible you’d see lp, lp + mp, mp + hp if you piano from lp to hp.

Thanks for the clarification guys. I’m probably going to practice the slide method now because there is no way I’d be able to do it this consistently.

how do you set 3xP to MP? I thought its always recognized as a heavy punch

3xPPP is the fourth button on the top of an eight button TE/etc stick. Bind dat mofo to MP in control options.

Never thought of this, however using this method gets rid of the ability to plink Ultra 1 using 3PPP (when taunt is disabled).

Keeping your button layout default is the best way to go about it.

Sliding isn’t hard.

I’ve used this layout before, purely for easier HP elec, and I ended up putting 3P where 3K is. It actually makes plink ultra easier, as 3P and FK are now right next to each other. For Blanka only usage, I liked this layout.

I tend to play other characters though, and don’t go to tournaments, so I switched back. For Blanka only usage, it was a nice layout though.

Something is screwed with my ring finger. I thought I was doing inputs too fast when I was getting things like lp,mp,lp,hp but even though it feels like it im just not doing the first press of hp.

I tried it just tapping keys at work on my keyboard using i o and p as lp,mp,hp

And sure enough, although most reps are fine i keep generating ioip instead of iopip

[LEFT]Using my numpad at work… god dammit what’s wrong with this slow ass finger and it’s half pressing of buttons.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]

[RIGHT]12313[/RIGHT]

[RIGHT]12313[/RIGHT]
[/LEFT]

my ring finger sucks too, which is why I slide.

I could piano occasionally on super but not in AE ending with FP. Just too fast. I don’t like the slide method although I may just need to learn it. I usually piano and end with MP.

ending in mp means you can’t do bnbs vs. certain characters.

That is not good.

hit box for different electricity is different? really?

-LAU

I’m back to just grinding out the piano method. My consistency is getting better each time I do it, and even though I get really frustrated sometimes, I’ll get it eventually.

@ Lau, sarcasm much? Or is that a trick question? :slight_smile: