The LS-33 is one of the most compact sticks out in the market. However, its short shaft makes it incompatible when mounting on the Madcatz TE, SE, HRAP and etc. The LS-33 has almost the same shaft height as the LS-32 but because there is no “S” shaped mounting bracket, you can’t mount it without modifying some parts. This guide will help you get that LS-33 working on your HRAP and Madcatz SE/TE.
What you’ll need:
-LS-33 Stick (duh)
-LS-56 Shaft cover
-LS-56 Dustcover OR JLF-CD dustcover (no need for the shaft)
-pair of pliers
- Start off by inserting the slotted screw driver on the bottom of the ls-33 shaft. Then twist off the ball top.
- Using that slotted screw driver, gently pry off the E-clip. Don’t lose it!
- Take the ls-33 shaft off the base and familiarize yourself with the parts. Isolate the LS-33 shaft, LS-33 shaft cover and LS-33 dust cover. Put those 3 parts away, you won’t be needing them anymore.
- Take your ls-56 shaft and put on the shaft over. The skinnier part goes in first. The shaft cover is important because without it, the shaft will grind the metal washer.
- The fat part fit securely at when inserted all the way.
- Insert the new ls-56 shaft in the ls-33 base. Make sure the metal washer is not out of place.
- Insert the new LS-56 or JLF CD shaft cover or even one of arthongs custom dust cover. The LS-33 shaft cover is too small to fit on the new shaft.
- Put the E-clip back into place with a pair of pliers.
- Mount your newly modified ls-33 into your stick of choice, then insert back the ball top.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully modified your ls-33.
Most people will feel that the stock spring on the ls-33 is too loose. Heres a [media=youtube]sC42Z1Q9N5c"[/media] on how to change the spring. However, do NOT use the ls-56 spring as said in the video as it causes some grinding problems or so I’ve heard. Use an ls-55 spring instead.