TV/Monitor Settings

Hey I just picked up my copy of MVC3. Super excited and everything, however when i turn the game on, it looks like I’m playing the game as if it were a movie. The top and bottom halves are just black and the game is playing like a widescreen movie. I have an ASUS monitor (the evo one) and I have my xbox hooked up with a VGA cable. I tried messing around with the settings for a bit, but nothing seemed to fix it. Does anyone know what I should do/if there is a fix for it?

When you’re connected via VGA you have a number of resolution options, you need to make sure it’s set to 1920x1080.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Make sure you’re running 720p as well, if you upscale with 1080p, you’ll get input delay.

Thanks for the replies guys! I do have a question though. When I set it to 1920x1080, it makes the words a lot more blurry. Is this normal or is there something else I need to do? Also how do I choose the upscaling? I appreciate any input you guys have since I just got this monitor.

I do have one other thing tho. When I’m playing SSF4 or 3rd Strike on it, it looks perfectly fine. Why is Marvel so different?

Not true. The 360 causes no input delay scaling up to 1080p. You should run the game in the monitor’s native resolution, as not doing so is more likely to cause input delay depending on the TV/Monitor.

Just run the game via hdmi the ASUS monitors don’t have post processing hence no lag.

Are you serious? If so why does it feel like the ps3 has lag when I use hdmi, or is that just HDMI on PS3?

Placebo, maybe? PS3 > HDMI > VH236H is the “EVO” setup.

I’ve noticed no lag on my setup I’m using the VH246H connected to a PS3 via HDMI. At this point you can’t get much better my only suggestion on the setup is to put the monitor on game mode and tweak the color and contrast to make it look better.

This. It looks like pure garbage but runs like water.

Does it make the words unreadable?