[+] = positive change (buff)
[-] = negative change (nerf)
[*] = unimportant change (no effect on gameplay
[?] = unknown change (unsure if this is a positive or a negative change)
- Throws are more useful (tick throws exist. You can throw someone while they are attacking, can throw after blockstun etc.)
- Megacrash pushes up and away. Can still combo after a megacrash.
- attacks deal slightly more damage the higher up you are. At max super jump height, the damage increase is about 30%
- Megacrash is punishable now and has a smaller hitbox
- Mecacrash combos are scaled harshly
- launch trajectories are different for many characters
- move buffering is tighter in general
- Baroque is not as potent, but smaller slivers of baroque are more powerful
- hitstun slightly scales off air combos, preventing long infinites (loops still exist)
- Baroque resets air jumps
- Characters gain a bit more meter while being hit
- Characters do not gain any meter while being hit by supers.
- Cannot force the opponent into a corner after a juggle via the air combo trick
- Stage-specific music
- New character select screen (with gear-like selection reels that leave the number of new characters to be included ambiguous)
- Damage scaling on DHCs is more severe, devaluing hyper combinations somewhat
- characters now have more proration as their health bars get lower (guts)
- V.Air-rave now resets damage proration
- the amount of upward velocity applied by lifting attacks has been lessened
- Tatsumaki Super has invulnerable frames.
- his assist travels more slowly across the screen. Can be seen as a buff for some partner pairings.
- C tatsumaki special does not cause the screen to scroll, making it better in combos
- the hitbox of the first hit in his level 3 is smaller and more precise
- Lightning Legs pushes back
- There is a limit to how many jump 5C’s she can string in a combo.
- J.5C has more hit stun
- Can combo her level 3 from Tenshouu kyaku
- Headstomp > lightning legs mixups don’t work the same way anymore due to the fact that lightning legs pushes back more.
JUN THE SWAN
- Her assist leaves a bomb on hit now
- Can combo after landing the light illusion swan special
- Can combo 2C into 6C easily
- More damage
- Slightly faster ground walking and dashing speed
- Yoyo special is slightly slower
- A version shoulder charge leaves the opponent grounded. B version knocks down and C version causes wallbounce.
- Fully charged 236C does a lot more damage (around 18000B)
- New grab mechanics work very much in his favour
- Does more damage overall
- Hyper Bomb can’t be jumped after the super flash
- 5C elbow causes wallbounce
- 2B hits low
- jab is faster
KEN THE EAGLE
- 623 C combos easily into 623 super.
- Birdrang returns slower
- Can no longer do 3 bird shoot natural combos
- can cancel 6B overhead into air specials
- All infinites gone.
- can baroque cancel his full charged shot
- can use supers from the charge shot
- machinegun super’s minimum firing angle is increased, making it impossible to hit crouching opponents with the ground version.
- can only use one weapon switch in the air after using an aerial machine gun arm attack
- machine gun arm bullets are weakened
- Faster air dash
- Can combo 2B/5C into 3C
- Damage output improved
- Uncharged Roll Swing knocks down.
- Roll Swing reflects projectiles
CASSHAN(yes he’s called that now)
- Denkou punch B version causes stagger on hit
- Electricity effect added to his electrical attacks (visual)
- unblockable takes longer to charge and has more lag after hitting
- Hitting OTG with A and B dive kicks no longer creates restand
- Can combo into level 3 super after denkou punch B
- Cannot use Friender to re-stand a staggered opponent
- Friender will not catch opponents who are jumping or airborn
- both hits of 5C will effect crouching opponents
- 236A sword spin special is slightly slower. The difference is barely noticable but it’s there.
- Kasha string into overhead now combos, allowing for Karas to do wallbounce combos from Kasha. The timing is very strict.
- Can combo from 63214A/B/C > 236A wall slam attack. He can pick the opponent up off the ground when they bounce after the hit.
- Slide infinite is still possible, but can’t be continued in the corner anymore.
- 5C has more lag
- 2C has more lag
- Charge 46+A moves across the screen VERY quickly now. As fast, as, if not faster than, Ryus 236+C.
- All hits of his chargeback Space Lance throw can now combo into Vol Tekka beam super and have increased power
- Vol Tekka beam super deals more damage
- spinning teklancer’ super deals less damage to airborn opponents. It still does a lot to grounded opponents
- 3C’s hitbox has been made smaller
- 6C no longer causes stagger, but keeps the opponent grounded
- If Vol Tekka beam super is used in the air, Tekkaman’s recovery time as he falls has been improved.
- Air ferris wheel has much more stun, can now follow up with Voltekka.
- ‘make it rain’ comes out slower than it used to, no longer combos off F + H
- All versions of Riot Tackle cause wallbounce from full screen
- 6B4B sends the opponent into a vertical spin and knockdown, having the properties of a launcher. It is also more powerful than before.
- Riot tackles can combo from 6B4B
- 5C can be comboed into via 5B
- can combo 2B into launcher
- 8B and C chainsaw special knocks down on hit. A version does not.
- 623AB chainsaw super is much stronger, though still unsafe on hit or block
- 3C launches the opponent at a less vertical height and is faster
- many more options to combo into level 3
- many more combo options in general
- can combo AFTER level 3 super while the opponent is on the ground using 2C, since the launch time is now greater. May even be able to combo the opponent on the way down.
- j.5C will combo all 5 hits if done on an airborn opponent
- Fire effect added to all thruster attacks (visual)
- No more mega crash grabs
- jumps with the opponent on a break out, making grabs safe to attempt.
- Rocket has been slightly nerfed. It takes longer for them to home in.
- However, Rockets seem to load more frequently
- Attacks that use the shield (such as riot tackle or 5A) have auto-guard properties. If the opponent hits his shield during the startup of these attacks, PTX takes no damage and blocks the attack. Riot tackle has auto-guard through the entire charging duration and during the recovery animation too.
- Gun reload animation is faster.
- 5A knocks the opponent higher
- can no longer instantly cancel the dash’s startup into a jump
- 22+Attack covers the whole floor and is slightly stronger
- 41236 + B&C knockdown
- 5C can combo into 3C
- Jabs push opponent away more
- golden pimp slap causes knockdown on hit
- golden drop kick sends him very far across the screen, making it useful for punishing keep away!
- can combo j.5C into gold crash any time
- gold crash hits OTG
- 2C hits low
- Gold Quake hits low
- Gold Crash hits low (but not air gold crash)
- Six cannon super has slightly less startup time.
- minimum height for using voomerangs, meaning no tigerknee
- Can only do 1 red hot kick in the air now
- Mach Speed now has the same properties as Chun Li’s lightning legs super. Joe can follow the opponent up after the launch and continue to combo.
- Bombs have a fire effect added to the hit
- Air Joe now drags the opponent down, meaning more hits
- Charged Voomerangs home in more sharply and charge faster
- Can combo after his level 3 super
- Level 3 super is much more powerful
- 5C is now cancellable.
- 5A hits low
- J.C is also cancellable allowing her to control space very well with J.C xx 421+A/B/C.
- The unblockable version of 5C can be cancelled into 3C for some very damaging aerial raves
- Unblockable shot does less damage
- 6C causes the opponent to stagger step and combos into her 214+A/B/C grab. Her assist has not been changed to follow this pattern.
- Grenades are super and baroque cancellable
- Her lingering sphere shot stays on the feild for a while, but deals less hits than before, meaning no infinite.
- Her assist now knocks the opponent all the way back across the stage, allowing some characters like Ken to make good use of it.
- grenades have a fire effect added
- Her unblockable bullet super can not knock down on giant characters!
- Positron storm super is more powerful and easier to use
- Ippatsumans 623+Attack has same properties as Kens 623+B/C.
- Ippatsumans dash~623+attack has same properties as Kens 623+B/C.
- Several resets actually combo now
- his level 3 now eats up meter a lot faster.
- can combo from 6C shoulder tackle, which no longer has super armor
- has more combo options off 2C sweep
- 214+Attack seems a lot faster. The rock comes out very quickly.
- 623+Attack is faster as well.
- 2B has less hit stun, making her attack strings less safe
- J.B got nerfed. Has lesser range and the mid-screen re-jump (B) combo no longer works.
- Its harder to land 423+B when the opponent is jumping in now. You have to dash towards their position and do the far grab to land the Grab-Tree-Taunt loop.
- Her moves now do more damage. Probably to accommodate her combo nerfs.
- her tree takes longer to explode
- jumping rock summon starts lower and therefore hits faster
- Tonzura grab has less range on the grab
- Tonzura grab works well in the corner now
- can cancel her summons into each other
- Yatterpellican has been replaced with Yatterwan for 2P colour
- 2C has a smaller hitbox
- 623+A/B/C all have more recovery
- Combos 2C to 6C with ease.
- Yatterwan’s fire dog breath takes longer to come out, meaning it’s better suited to attacking opponents while they’re OTG from being hit by the first hit part of the move.
- his level 3 super does more damage
- his 6C pops the opponent up higher
POLIMAR (yes, another spelling change)
- On airborne opponents, 236+Attack hits much like the assist version of the attack, thus allowing for easier comboing into charge 46+A and 623+attack, attack, attack. Has no knock away on airborne enemies.
- 6C has less knock away and allows easier comboing of 623+attack, attack, attack.
- Can combo into all charge 46 A/B/C specials and can dash after
- Can combo into his level 3 super off 5C. Either 5C has more stun time or his level 3 super comes out faster.
- Can combo his chargeback fists after a 2C and 6C
- His rekka air kicks allow for slight pauses inbetween hits
- Can chain 2C > 6C more frequently in combos
- entering his stance has some invincibility frames
- 6B is cancellable
- Fireball no longer causes knockdown on hit, but does have a lot of hitstun
- Ryusei kick no longer bounces back after being blocked, making it less safe. It also has a slower startup and travels at a steeper angle
- can now perform 2 ryusai kicks per jump in a combo
- Tardy Counters don’t have infinite super armor. The armor will go away after a few hits.
KAIJIN NO SOKI
- Counter special now causes the opponent to go into a slow crumple on hit
- C version shoulder tackle can wallbounce. A version causes stagger and can extend combo. B version knocks down. The A version can combo from 5C and 6C, but has no super armour.
- 2B cancels into 2C
- Draws out more souls per hit when in oni mode.
- ‘slowdown’ effect added to his fierce hits (visual)
- Oni mode Soki has more lag on a quick soul absorb cancel, making soul absorb less useful as a cancel
- 6C is slower
- 2A is faster
- Oni Mode has chip damage on all normals
- No longer has her j.2B infinite
- 5A hits low
- Darkness Illusion is weaker
- j.5B has a lot more blockstun and hitstun
- 2B now combos into 5C
- 6C pops the opponent up above her head rather than pushing them away. Counts as a launcher on airborn opponents
- Shell kick now slams airborn opponents down on the last hit, preventing infinites.