Two questions on the Wii Hori Fightstick

I’ve heard the PCB on these sticks are touchy and prone to frying so I prefer not to remove the buttons from the board but I want to art mod it and PS3 support.

1. will the PCB slip out the top when you remove the top plate so you don’t have to remove the buttons? It looks like it might.

2. Provided i’m smart enough not to plug them both in at the same time can I solder my second PCB wires directly to the button points on the Wii-pcb?

http://pineconeattack.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/4.jpg

1) will the PCB slip out the top when you remove the top plate so you don’t have to remove the buttons? It looks like it might.
Nope. You have to desolder each individual button and first free the PCB from the button switches. You should have a desoldering pump flux and solder to remove those. Once free, you will need to pop out the buttons individually. Expect to be doing this for a few hours. FYI. The hori wii buttons tend to yellow over time.

2) Provided i’m smart enough not to plug them both in at the same time can I solder my second PCB wires directly to the button points on the Wii-pcb?

Nope. It is not common ground. You have to ditch the main default wii PCB altogether. I suggest dual modding a PiiWii and a Cthulhu.

Thanks, I think I will just keep it stock untill I get sick of CvT and take the shell to something new.