49 chris thean
49 dennis tran
49 chris tse
49 don nguyen (DQ)
49 XXL
49 michael a
49 john noree (DQ)

Any vids? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jay wats the full results of the sfiii tourney for singles and teams.

Gs Art.

GGs to all I played on Friday. As sore as my team and I are about how ST teams worked out, congrats to whoever took 1st.

Hope the scene can learn from what went wrong with the last couple of tourneys and get bigger and better in the future.

I don’t wanna be the first to start bashing so I’ll wait till someone else does.

To say this tourney was disappointing would be an understatement

Thanks to Stephen for making the best of a shitty situation thrown in his lap.

That’s about as nice a post as I’m putting in here.

Yeah I’m pretty pissed that I had to back uot of sf4.

6.5 hours late on the start time, GG.

Samir won 3s teams.

Im just gonna say

UNDEFEATED RUFUS MIRROR Mutha Ucka!

LOL i think i shattered anyones dreams of beating me in rufus mirror at TX

I dunno tho JS Master has a pretty good rufus =p LOL

Oh before I forget:

Stephen: Again, thanks bud.

Directors: Props to the ones who knew what they were doing. You know who you were. As for the rest… yeah.

Montreal: Great to see everyone that came out. I don’t even know the last time I saw Phoun.

Ottawa: Always bringing the hype and shit talk. Fun set in 3S teams. It’s the only time I actually got hyped up on Friday night.

Hammer: Old heads I’m disappointed you got robbed. Great to see OG Team Hammer out in full force (only missing Jimmy). I’ll see you around town.

Kin: Last time and then I’m done. You look great bud, congratulations on the weight loss.

VDO: I’m very sorry I couldn’t come to see you.

Arturo: Same to you. Congratulations on your wins.

Plans are in motion…

Stephen is a beast thanks for finding the venue.

GGS to anyone I played in any game.

Arcana Heart 2 is mad hype even with slowdown.

Full 3s results please (teams and singles)

Good shit Art!

vic ill post the vid shortly

Not even Canada is safe from Arturo. That shit is so broke :sad:

Overall, I really enjoyed TX. :smile: The one thing I’d like to criticise is the venue’s food and drink options, but I’ll do that later. (I will admit that I preferred it over T9’s venue, though. The sauna was much worse, even if it was cheaper.)

By the way, Arturo won ST singles and SF4 singles, and in both cases the hype was dead during the grand finals. :lol:

Also, BlazBlue top 3: John (Taokaka), Pui (Litchi, Carl), Russel (Tager, Noel).

Shout-outs:

Arturo, great to finally meet and play you in Arcana again. Your Kamui is definitely your best char, imo. It felt like you controlled space and the pace of the match much better with her. It’s still a pleasure to play vs you, even an out of practice one, since you still reveal many weaknesses in how I attack and defend. Hopefully other people learned a lot from playing vs you in SF4 and ST, as well. You also felt much more “beatable” to me than 1 year ago, and if we ever get an AH2.6 arcade board or decent port, expect Canada to come for you. :wink:

Bob Saget, good to meet you, too. Hope you guys enjoyed the event.

Shoutout to Dan from Britain: must’ve been a pretty big let-down overall to come last place in the team tourney after getting stuck with 2 random scrubs who didn’t have a team yet (i.e. Yang and I :wink:), and then on Saturday, you’re DQ’d 1st round during a smoke break. I hope you managed to get a lot of casuals in, at least. Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Canada.

Shoutout to nGuman: we never got to show you [media=youtube]OfRNuJd_HkY[/media]! :frowning:

Samir: wtf @ winning the grand finals of 3s teams by yourself. :lol:

Thanks to Ack, King, and everyone else who enabled 3s singles to run smoothly: thanks for taking over for me. Evidently I shouldn’t try to help direct a tournament when I’m a lot more hype for a different game. (Yeah, it sounds pretty obvious. >_< )

BlazBlue was super-hype. :smile: Sucks that the TVs lagged until the winners finals in teams, but I don’t think it made a big difference overall. At least they were lagless for the rest of the tournaments. Thanks to Pui and the rest of the Lovegety crew for running the tournament. Thanks to everyone who provided sticks for it. Thanks to derek for bringing a setup for casuals on Sunday. And thanks to everyone else who entered, played casuals, or just watched, for helping to make it so hype. :tup:

Special congrats to Russel for coming in 3rd place with TAGER! Even beating Spiral Guy’s Nu and Hermes’s Arakune to get there. (And I heard you won a game vs Pui’s Carl, too? Too sick.) I wish I had watched more of your matches before we met in losers, because I didn’t realize how much of a BEAST you are with him. :wow: In retrospect, I definitely would’ve had better odds counterpicking with Arakune, and possibly having to win Arakune vs Noel, than trying to beat Tager with Taokaka.

Special thanks to Issac for giving me a lift to/from Brampton for Saturday night.

The venue:

So about the venue: I don’t mind a no-outside-food-or-drink policy, as long as the venue provides reasonable food. For example, not selling cans of pop for $2, or selling more than just chicken and fries for dinner. (By the way, was that food even available all the time? Seemed like people kept announcing when dinner was available, implying that for half the day, you couldn’t even buy any food in there…? :confused:) I, for one, would rather pay a higher venue fee to have much better food options. Hell, I threw away about $5 on their overpriced drinks alone (before I just smuggled my own in).

Also, recall the complete lack of garbage bins outside, despite having a rule where people are obviously going to be finishing their food and drinks outside. :tdown: Hopefully they’ll learn from the mess of trash left outside.

Lastly, I give the security guys a :tup:. In my experience, they were strict about the no-outside-food-or-drink rule, while being as polite as you can when you’re enforcing a very inconvenient rule. They didn’t complain about anything else. Heck, I’m pretty sure one of them saw me drinking a smuggled powerade on Sunday, but he let it slide.

The janitor was a dick, though. I walk into the men’s room Sunday morning, and he bitches at me to leave 'cause he’s working in there. At least put a sign up if you don’t want anyone to come in, sheesh. :rolleyes:

I don’t wanna feel like the only one gripin (I actually really enjoyed myself) but I feel like 3’s was disrespected

1 tv day 1 (till midnight) &

first to 1 for the singles tourney

if T11 strikes out that’ll be 3 in a row and my last T tourney :frowning:

TX Canadian Fighting Game Championships SF4 Team Results

1 MontrealsFinest (Montreal)
2 STC
3 Welike12yearolds
4 Fearless (Montreal)
5 blitzguy Feat. Sean
5 Sauga
7 MTLIswinningthisshit (Montreal)
7 DMC
9 Korea
9 SG
9 DJSquared
9 GuyWall
13 ChocolateMilf
13 Hammer
13 Mclovin
13 Fadi
17 LoveCrusaders
17 Ottawa
17 Blade2BME
17 You Just Don’t Know
17 LBC
17 Cine
17 Tekken
17 Waterloo
25 Old English
25 LastMinute
25 DQ You All
25 TSP
25 SweetChinMusic (DQ)
25 Drive Better Drunk (DQ)
25 L-Leet
25 WeHateCapcom

TX Canadian Fighting Game Championships Singles Results

1 sabin
2 JSMaster
3 temujin (Montreal)
4 veasna (Montreal)
5 JasonK (Montreal)
5 karamba (Montreal)
7 arcade legend
7 harmony (Montreal)
9 ChiRithy (Montreal)
9 Kymah
9 Manaboy (Montreal)
9 spiral guy
13 FlightWing
13 Tyler Shek
13 saco jerico
13 led hendrix
17 rebelo
17 davero
17 WillDestroya
17 freddy loco
17 dice01
17 bobsaget
17 shane walker
17 song
25 lawrence
25 tom jung
25 Buddah
25 boss
25 mahir
25 tsuroka
25 jimmy bones
25 tatenda
33 Danvan
33 Wilson
33 John Trann
33 Woolie
33 kamikaze
33 nguman
33 jessie r
33 Ryan Tong
33 Pierre
33 bill307
33 minus
33 brett
33 ivan s
33 regecide
33 ItalDaniel
33 RXS
49 jmac
49 Alex W
49 kyper1
49 CB
49 rene (DQ)
49 annabelle (DQ)
49 Tactix
49 contra (DQ)
49 Theli
49 chris thean
49 dennis tran
49 chris tse
49 don nguyen (DQ)
49 XXL
49 michael a
49 john noree (DQ)

Props to JS Master for having the best result among us in SF4 single but if you guys watch closely I think its easy to say that overall Montreal is ahead in SF4 for now… we cant forget that we took TOP 6 single and I believe top 3 team at MAT6 as well.
This year at T10 7/11 canadian players in SF4 single are from MTL… no comment.

Overall… it was realllllllly fun and I enjoyed seing some old and new faces and I also enjoyed playing a lot of casual ( I was the Ryu/Ken player for those who wonder if we played) !!!

What happened, I don’t see Mosh anywhere in that list.