UK to vote on Same Sex Marriage

If David Cameron can admit that same sex marriage will make gay and transgender people just as miserable as everyone else, why isn’t it legal in the US yet?

culturally the whole of Europe is ahead of the US, shit Africa might even take over the US :lol:

the jews and muslims would, too.

Did the gay couple just say they want to go to the church as practicing Christians and under the eyes of the lord get married?:wtf:…jae why did you make a new Florida thread?

Because thats how I roll

The idea of Gay Christians is not new, I have a younger brother and sister who claim to be gay and Christian. According to the Bible, it is physically impossible though. So I do not quite understand their logic.

Putting people’s rights to a vote is kind of weird.

It doesn’t say it’s physically impossible. Sodom and Gommorah was full of gay people, some wanted to have sex with the angels. It says it’s “an abomination” but the definition and context will usually differ on who you ask. Some people will say “well god wouldn’t give me these desires if it were wrong.” Some people say “hate the sin, not the sinner” People will twist it around however they want… Sadly some people use that same excuse to do worse sexual things besides consensual relations.

I think it’s pretty weird to follow something that tells you that who you are is wrong.

what happened to sodom and gommorah again?

Too much partying

'cept it’s not a right. Anywhere. For anyone. And that includes heterosexual couples.

Marriage is all or nothing - either straight and gays get to marry equally, or NOBODY gets to marry. There is no middle ground.

I’m on the “nobody should be allowed to marry” side of the fence.

Progress. Maybe, at some point billions of years from now, no one will be personally offended at what other people decide to do with heir lives.

Ironically, because most of his party are fierce right-wingers (literally, Conservatives) they did not vote en masse for this, and this bill could well see him out of office in two years time at the next election. That’s Realpolitik.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Wasted”>
<blockquote class=“UserQuote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/goodm0urning%2C%20post%3A%207973683%2C%20member%3A%202992">goodm0urning, post: 7973683, member: 2992</a> wrote:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”>Putting people’s rights to a vote is kind of weird.</div>
</blockquote>
<br />
'cept it’s not a right. Anywhere. For anyone. And that includes heterosexual couples.<br />
<br />
Marriage is all or nothing - either straight and gays get to marry equally, or NOBODY gets to marry. There is no middle ground.<br />
<br />
I’m on the “nobody should be allowed to marry” side of the fence.</blockquote>
You’ve just argued exactly why it’s a right–not to marry, but to be treated equally to other people in the eyes of the law.