ULTIMATE Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - OFFICIAL

That doesn’t mean that they were bad choices, though.

Haven’t you heard? It’s only considered milking if it isn’t a Mega Man game.

I ran through 24 different teams in 250 hours and used pretty much every single character on the character select screen while making plenty of friends at MVC3 tournaments in Michigan. I didn’t waste my money.

Tell those salty fucks that if they don’t like UMVC3 because Megaman, a character I strongly believe wouldn’t wouldn’t add anything unique to the game, yall can simply NOT BUY THE GAME. That is all… :zzz:

CSword123: It makes Activision a publisher with huge bank accounts, control of Blizzard, and a tendency to make games with realistic firearms. Thus, yearly sequels to those games are okay because… dude! Bro! I don’t know. I have no interest in such games, but if people are buying them and getting their money’s worth out of it then I suppose it is well enough if they’re sequel-factoried. I can tolerate that, it doesn’t hurt me any (beyond perhaps an objection that an excessive focus on massive-budget FPS games could be harmful to the industry long-term? That is only a personal theory however and I can’t offer any true evidence of it); I wish they would show similar tolerance to a good-faith updated release in a genre I like: fighting games.

OnlyWingedAngel: Naw man, Paperboy all the way. He was the real ‘OG.’ If you didn’t subscribe to his publication, he had standing orders to chuck a paper through your window or otherwise inflict property damage. And he didn’t put up with any crap… even the grim reaper himself being along the paper route was just part of his job; he still delivered the papers!

Of course, I am being silly; I never held a paper route, the idea of the Paperboy as a ‘hardcore street thug’ is absurd, and I have no felonies to speak of. Nonetheless, it is funny to note that games from 1984 were rewarding the player for stuff like this, and today there is the media outcry about GTA. I suppose the fact it “has lots of graphics” (to quote that hit-piece on the Nintendo DS from several years ago) has much to do with this.

In more on-topic news, I am going through Frank West withdrawal symptoms. Can someone recommend a good wooden baseball bat for me to purchase, so I may begin practicing his form of zombie-slaying? Or failing that, beat up their source until he spills information on that camera-based level-up system that was rumored? Seeing as this same source apparently nailed Phoenix Wright’s mechanics perfectly, someone has the goods, the real info.

the milking thing is just fan entitlement stuff. “How dare they charge us for more product!”

Oh I missed the whole loli thing too, but y’all should go read Lolita. Takes it to the proper dark place, you won’t look at AH fans the same way ever again.

In the interest of having the UMvC3 character threads be as awesome as possible, I am posting here to offer up my current Ultimate Dormammu Thread as a base skeleton to anyone who intends to manage a character thread, or something similar, in Ultimate. It is currently stripped of information, and will remain so until about a week before release. I am not attempting to toot my own horn, but rather offer to others what took me quite a bit of work to do, so that those who would rather not spend the time on such things do not have to.

I have received a lot of compliments to-date about the structure, and a few people have requested permission to use its structure for UMvC3, so I thought I would go around and make the offer to others who might not be aware that someone out there has already done the grunt work for them (haha). Because I am posting this in all the character forums, and this is time consuming on its own, I have not taken the time to check for how developed the thread I am posting on current is. Thus, I ask that no one be offended at my suggestion if your character forum is well constituted already - I mean no intrusion upon your methodologies!

Here is a link to the thread blueprint:

You can get an example of what it looks like when filled out here:

You are of course entirely welcome to change whatever you like if you want to incorporate this structure into your own thread. I have all of my posts saved as Word documents on my computer. If you would like these documents instead of having to copy/paste from the main threads, please feel free to PM me your email address, along with the character thread they will be used for, and I will gladly send them.

Highest Regards to All,
Karst

I’m lolling at the Servbot’s attempt to stay on-camera for as long as possible.

Hell yeah, let’s expose all of those Humbert Humberts in the FGC.

Thing is, Humbert is less a predator and more a victim :stuck_out_tongue:

But… I’m wandering offtopic something fierce.

That’s a brilliant thread structure. Congratulations!

You know what I just thought would be really cool, if Frank had his camera as an assist. You could call him in as an assist to use his camera move and every time you did it, he would level up slightly, would make him a potentially awesome anchor as you build him up via assists through the match, then have Level 50 Frank West jump in with 5 bars ready to kill elder gods with sporting equipment and shopping trolleys. I just hope his ‘camera power ups’ don’t mean huge differences to his move-sets, I would prefer if it’s just a stat-boost personally.

MadeManG74: I’m actually kind of wondering if it wouldn’t be more like how level-gaining worked in the Dead Rising games, like you were kind of toying with in your post. Things like “one camera shot landed means Frank can now do lariats, two shots gives him Giant Swing, etc.” It could be an interesting setup.

As someone who is detail oriented with an obsession for formatting and up-to-date information, I really want to steal what you’ve done and kick the shit out of a character thread. However, as someone who has been a lurker for years and only an active poster for the past month or so, I don’t want to step on any toes.

Blaergh!?

It would be interesting, but it sounds like it would be potentially really confusing (and don’t forget a lot of his level ups in DR were just health boosts and damage boosts and the like too). I just know I would forget in the heat of battle how many moves are at my disposal. Then again, if it’s persistent, I could just power him up ASAP and use his moveset from the start. Also, I never thought of his Lariats until now. Would be FANTASTIC if he had a Haggar style lariat-assist.

I just finished Off The Record, so I’m even more hyped for Frank. Wondering what his theme will be, thinking it could be ‘Hi, Name’s Frank’ from OTR (although that sounds almost too aggressive for ol’ Frankie) or ‘Justified’ from the original game. He needs to have some killer one-liners for his win quotes too

I’ve forgotten how to post spoilers here, but I was referencing his ‘Flat Chicks’ quote from Off the Record particularly. :rofl:

My suggestion to you is: step on some toes.

In all seriousness, many character threads on this site are only slightly above a comments-section “First!” post in quality. If you are serious about taking a character as far as he or she can be taken, step on one person’s toes to get a thread you will care about for the benefit of every other person who plays that character. It all begins with PMing a moderator for permission.

I think you’re going to find a three-way split on the Frank music bit. Some people want His Name’s Frank, which I’m not immediately in favor of mostly because the rap genre does nothing special for me (note this isn’t the same as hating rap; I don’t hate it. I’m just neutral toward rap and similar genres because their composition doesn’t hit any particular tastes of mine, but His Name’s Frank is actually a fairly well done entry in this kind of music). Others want a remix of his official Dead Rising theme… I think someone even did a “Frank West theme Super Remix” on Youtube that sounds really good and would be fitting for this. Justified would also be a good track and fairly fitting for when he arrives as an anchor.

Still, it’s pretty telling that the ‘worst’ (within my subjective opinion) likely choice for Frank’s music is still decent. If we wind up with His Name’s Frank, I could live with it; the lyrics are fun and the music itself is at least tolerable. I would prefer a combat-paced remix of his old theme or going with Justified, but there’s really no bad choice for Frank’s music so long as they stick with the obvious candidates. That’s pretty encouraging.

I like His Name’s Frank because it’s so cheesy, but his theme in Dead Rising is a better choice imo.

I searched the “super remix” and found it, and it really sounds nice. Hopefully we get something similar.

Agreed. WizzyWhipItWonderful does some of the best work I’ve seen on YouTube.

Sooo… does anyone wanna play some puzzle fighter on XBLA?

Lol I just got this game. It’s awesome. I played Puzzle Fighter before, but I had forgotten they put it on XBLA. Now I can sink some time into it. Now that I’ve played it I’d really like to see a new puzzle fighter released on XBLA that’s more fleshed out. This shit’s fun.

is there any hope for more characters ?

also id like if magneto could to his mvc2 inf :rofl: