Sakura

Seth

T. Hawk

Vega

Yang

Yun

Zangief

How to punish jaguar tooth? I think he recovers before thunder knuckle hits him

You should have enough time to react to the jaguar tooth and ex seismo before he hits you. Your primary punish for jaguar tooth is EX seismo because it covers a lot of jaguar tooth range and is invulnerable on startup.

Huh? Viper’s c.MK has 7f startup. Adon doesn’t have anything that is -7 on block except for ultras and DPs. LK Tooth is “-4” but pushback makes it unpunishable, same for EX Tooth. Both throw and c.MK xx are not punishes.

This is correct.

My bad. I thought EX Jaguar could be punished by cr. mp (not cr. mk, my mistake) xx mp tk because EX jt is -5 on block. Didn’t know that pushback makes it unpunishable.

Sorry if I’m slow at this guys, trying to find/recompile all this info is tough lol. I’m about to post what I had written for Abel back when 2012 came out and modify it for Ultra. Most of her matchups havent changed THAT much so most of that info should still be good.

I imagine mining through 4 years of thread could take some time…

I’m here for moral support.

If anyone finds info on CHARACTER SPECIFIC setups ie: really good option selects vs. certain characters that still work for Ultra I’d appreciate the help. Also let me know how the Abel section looks because I plan on doing pretty much the same thing with each character. First a small introduction, then pros/cons of the character, going over each of their important moves and whether or not they can be punished, followed by a general strategy. The biggest thing that I’m looking to add to that formula is the character specific stuff.

I can only think of a couple setups i would even put in this thread, but mainly I would just mention some good option selects that beat the most likely wakeup options for characters for when they do and don’t have meter or ultra. like OS’ing super jump vs ex tk against akuma’s that use U2. Or the st. lk - j. back rh. OS vs blanka to beat ex rainbow balls. Stuff like that.

Updated info up until Balrog, read through and tell me how much i suck at this lol. Not sure what to do for the mirror matchup, just leave it blank or actually try?

How the eff do you approach the Cammy matchup? She is impossible to vortex because her dp auto corrects so well and her normals destroy Vipers. Also Air Throw > SJ burn kick in