Ultra srk tech talk awards (2014)

I second that nomination.

That wiring hurts me. Deeply.

Though due to my own Abnormal Proclivities I can’t complain much on the layout.

Sucks that the new Mayflash PCB isn’t cg but I still thinks it’s a great value. Especially since SE/TVC/Brawl sticks A.) Aren’t being produced anymore (I know there are probably still KEs in the wild) and B.) Are hard to find used for less than $99. Top that with the fact that it’s multiconsole and I’m happy with my selection for non-custom.

Writing up a few JLW articles. Guess I figured that may help me get that extra vote in to beat @Darksakul‌ lol.

We can always find some reason to disqualify @‌Darksakul

I know that a few members here have some issues with him.

2014 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year - Jasen Hicks’ Panzer FS:

• Jasen has really met a need in the FGC by providing an excellent looking no-nonsense solution for people who simply want a solid case.

2014 Arcade Stick Mod of the Year - @Melissen-Ghost’s Steampunk MadCatz TE Round 2:

• I really love what @Melissen-Ghost has done with this one. You can still tell it’s a TE, but it has a great unique look that required more than your standard art/plexi/button/balltop swap.

2014 Tech Talk Company of the Year - Paradise Arcade Shop:

• These guys ( @armi0024 and @SusanInParadise) not only bust their bums to keep great and new parts available for us nerds, but Bryan designs some great products himself.

2014 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year - @b15sdm’s KTM RC8:

• As much as B15’s Predator and Science sticks are wondrous, I really like sticks with crazy shapes (less box-like), such as this one or the One Piece stick.

2014 Custom Arcade Stick Maker of the Year - @agei:

• agei really put himself on the map last year with his “Heart of Glass” stick and has continued to show his unique design & construction with the “Heavy Duty” stick.

2014 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year - @FrankCastleAZ‌:

2014 Tech Talk Member of the Year - @Darksakul:

• Sure he can be abrasive/opinionated, but there’s no doubt that he has poured himself in to this forum wholeheartedly this year and has tried to make it a more informed and organized place.

2014 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.) - @Phreakazoid’s Crossbone:

• Clayton saw the impending need for next gen multi-mods and came through with a slick solution.

2014 Tech Talk Rookie of the Year - @deserada:

• Definitely here to not only enjoy the same stuff we enjoy, but to contribute insightful discussion. Also major props for hosting hangouts many times and for many hours.

-ud

OHSHIT! Forgot about that one. This is seriously tempting me into changing my vote.

2014 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year
[list]
[] Hori RAP V, I guess.
[/list]
2014 Tech Talk Company of the Year
[list]
[
] Jasen’s Customs. He makes sweet Super Guns.
[/list]
2014 Arcade Stick Modder of the Year
[list]
[] Phreakmods. A lot of good work has been made this year.
[/list]
2014 Tech Talk Accessory of the Year (PCBs, Parts, Bags, etc.)
[list]
[
] Undamned USB encoder.
[/list]

Already stated that this is ineligible

2014 Arcade Stick(Non-Custom) of the Year
Panzer FS

2014 Custom Arcade Stick of the Year
bazdc2 rose stick

2014 Tech Talk Company of the Year
focusattack.com

Wasn’t it the HRAP V.4 that was dq’d, and not the HRAP V (with hayabusa lever, for XBO)?

That aside, I am changing my nomination for non-custom to the Mayflash MF002.

Technically the full name is Hori Real Arcade Pro V.隼 (Hayabusa), so I guess @lolmark‌ needs to specify/confirm.

Well never specified what exactly, as “HRAP.V” covers the entire line.

I have an idea. Why not have…

Best New Arcade Stick Design
Best Arcade Stick (New Release) - This can be an aesthetic/licensed or even new version of an existing prodcut.

It changes the slim pickings and gives us a new path to move down?

IMHO, I thought about it more. It is unfair to all the new products that came out, including the Xbox One Atrox, the HRAP V4, etc.

Best New Arcade Stick Design: The NEW Mad Catz TE 2 PS4 Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- Arcade stick with its Sweet Sweet Smoked sides

Best Arcade Stick (New Release):

Spoiler

Not the Stupid new Mayflash

You have it reversed Darksakul!

Best New Arcade Stick (New Design)

• Mayflash Multi-Format Arcade Stick
  • Hori RAP V Hayabusa for Xbox One
  • Panzer FS

Best New Arcade Stick (New Release/Revisions/Artwork/Licensed Versions)

• Mad Catz - Guilty Gear Xrd Arcade FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3
  • Mad Catz - Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3
  • Mad Catz - Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3
  • Mad Catz - Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick TE2 for Xbox 360
  • Mad Catz Arcade FightStick TE2 for PS4/PS3
  • Mad Catz Arcade FightStick TE2 for Xbox One
  • Hori RAP V4 Hayabusa for PS4/PS3
  • Etokki Omni V5
  • Razer Atrox - Ultra Street Fighter IV Fight Stick for Xbox 360
  • Razer Atrox Fight Stick for Xbox One

I’m sure there are a ton I missed. But what does everyone think about this?

I agree with Mark, there are some really sweet revisions of existing ideas, and some times better than other new sticks, I would add this category.

I like this idea.

Categories update. Send in your votes people.

Mine is the Xrd TE2.

Mine is Xrd TE2 as well. Cleanest TE2 yet. Smoke sides so it’s ready for all those fancy LVT3 LED goodies!

I vote for GG TE 2