Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

monkeygigabuster92 makes a compelling argument. If I can still rename the thread, I’ll just do that and put a note that everything before pg. 290 is AE and everything after is Ultra.

The game still saw some prominent changes like you guys talked about fixing stages, menu mod paths, character EMM files work like SFxT now and the movesets are crypto-signed. Still my intention for a new thread was to avoid confusion between GFWL/SSF4AE and Steam/Ultra as people still seem to mix things up, if that can be solved by a simple rename then so be it.

And I am glad that they haven’t changed any compression or file format otherwise the modding would come to halt, a simple change in the way EMM files are used disturbed so many mods so can’t imagine what a major change could have done.

Can you help me in making 10 color pack for my Doll Cammy,I’m still on the progress of making mod for E Honda so It will be nice if you can help me since you are quite familiar with texturing Cammy already

My new direction is to make simple yet appealing mod so It can be played online without hindrance the performance and Cammy Doll is one of them

If you agree,I will upload on Mediafire shortly

The ultra version had no major changes to the files. I’ll be releasing soon the other mods stages after finishing all work. I believe that everything is available on the 12th, next week, maybe a Mod Pack Stage.

For the 5 new characters and six new stages,the only Nondestructive Installation for them is to place them in to the patch_ae2/battle/chara and patch_ae2/battle/stage directory to store your mods

Placing them in “patch” folder will waste of time since the mods won’t load in that folder

However,39 characters and all stages from SSFIVAE will still work with “patch” folder method

In summary
"patch" folder works with SSFIVAE chars and stages
**“patch_ae2” **folder works with 5 Ultra chars and 6 Ultra stages

Hope this will help for everyone

USF4 Moveswapping
USF4 Moveswapping
USF4 Moveswapping

I’m not a skin/modelling guy, though I do like to tinker with sound. I’ve updated my sound mod with Ultra support for those of you interested. I figured it might be worth sharing here.

From the Readme:

Changed effects are:

• Blocking sounds for normals and specials
  • Claw equipped blocking sound for Vega
  • Projectile impact effect
  • Projectile on projectile collision effect

Have at it.

Yeah, I’m planning to update the beginner’s instructions on the wiki to just always use the patch_ae2 method. That’ll be the easiest and most consistent, I think.

Out of curiosity: do raw SFxT stages bundled with Kensou’s tool work in Ultra? It occurred to me that the lua script changes that came with the steamworks update may have just been to add different starting coordinates (i.e, to support different starting locations, ala SFxT).

@monkeygigabuster92‌ I’ll try my best, I’m deep in Poisons pants right now so I dunno how soon I can finish it

PM me the stuff

Bar the Lua files,some stages like Jurrassic or Blast Furnace have most files identical to SF X TEKKEN counterpart (which means most of the time you don’t have to rename anything) ,You can even use the EMA files from SF X TEKKEN without messing the stage

However,for stage like Half Pipe or Cosmic Elevator the stage changes drastically so some minor changes must be applied

P.M sent

We need a maskless Decapre stat!

Has anyone experimented with editing the stages .lua files yet? I would be interested to see what could be done in regards to background switching with proper editing (for example make both of the jungle stages into a single stage, but have the time of day switch between rounds).

time of the day changes I havent tried but I messed a lot with lua files and I have been able to add stuff frome other stages with animations. Its a real pain in the ass to work because it needs hex editing every single object u wont use.

If you miss one the stage crashes.

Hmmmm, sure does sound like a lot of work for something not guaranteed. Regardless, have you thought of experimenting with something like the idea I proposed maybe sometime in the future? I would love to try, but I suck at anything to do with cosmetic modding I’m much better at gameplay editing.

maybe when I start stage modding again and join brains with monkeygigabuster we will find something out :smiley:

fuck sfxt, usf4…bring it on!

Can someone make a boss mod for usf4 (like playing as shin akuma, shin oni etc) for offline? i tried doing moveswaps (replacing bac and bcm files) but the game freezes on vs screen. Also i’m not entirely sure which bac and bcm files belong to the boss versions so yea any help would be much appreciated

I didn’t know where else to bring this up, since I don’t actively visit these forums. As such, I apologize in advance if this violates any rules or is otherwise an inappropriate topic.

I just tried to open the moveset files with OnoEdit, and every character opens the way they should with three exceptions: Elena, Hugo, and Poison. Whenever their files are attempted to be opened, the program closes with an exception in which the index (whatever the argument is written by is something I don’t know) is out of bounds. Is there an updated tool that accounts for more characters or do we need to wait it out? Curiously, Rolento and Decapre’s files open just fine.

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Playstation Button mod

Google is your friend fo this.

Just merge the contained “patch_ae2” folder with the one in your “Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition” folder
and say yes to replacing the 1 file it will replace.

Verify your cache in Steam to go back to x360 buttons.

Download it from here

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Title Screen mod

Just merge the contained “dlc” folder with the one in your “Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition” folder
and say yes to replacing the 1 file it will replace.

Verify your cache in Steam to go back to the regular title screen.

Download it from here