Ultra Street Fighter 4 PC Custom Skin Thread

I ask a favor for anyone who can do this.

Can someone make the hair for the last color on hugo’s 1’st viking alt blond?

My first contribution to USFIV

Download

Download

Elena mod as Richard Meyer would be cool to see.

Poison as the Vice Prez from Kangoku Gakuen…

OH SHI…!

Are you working on Zero Cammy?

That’s a great music tutorial, but where can I find 3S and CvS2 tracks in .csb format?

Is this the wrong forum to post this in? :S

@hunterk

Thanks for the suggestion of placing mods in the “patch_ae2” directory. Works far better than simply overwriting original files. I did manage to figure out a solution to my previous dilemma. It turns out that USFIV doesn’t like .emz files. You have to dump the raw .emm and .emb from them using piecemonteeSF4explorerV0.37b. This may be an older version- I haven’t checked to see if it was updated. But my files/casual sakura works now!

Keep those Sakura mods coming.

If you can do some basic programming all you need to do to get it off the ground is rename and swap files (and make temp backups of course). That project is a good intro to the file structure and programming

In web design, I do a lot of php, html and css file editing. I can’t actually program in those languages, but I understand them when I see them. I wouldn’t even know where to start here.

Honestly, I would rather pay someone to create this mod than try and get in there myself. Anyone interested, PM me :slight_smile:

I could do it, but one big danger of this mod is, I’m not sure how to check if a user has paid for all DLC yet. if we release something that allows dlc to be seen in game when a user hasn’t paid for, that’s against someone’s terms of use, and 10x worse if someone starts accepting money to do it.

I fully realize that’s probably not your intent, but it’s something that should be cautioned against releasing a blind random swapper into the wild.

I’m not sure how dlc works in this game, is it like vanilla where it’s downloaded for everyone and then unlocked some other way, or is it only downloaded if paid for? any way to check?

While not as cool, it’s definitely legal to limit it to only default costumes, all colors, and any mods sitting in the patch directories.

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

If anyone wants the actual DS3/SIXAXIS driver (so you don’t need to get MotionInJoy and all its adware), you can PM me for it as well.

Yeah, I hear you. Obviously not trying get into any legal troubles.

I guess in my head the mod would simply cycle through default costumes, purchased/unlocked costumes and modded costumes, and a random color. Perhaps like you said, it only searches through default and patch directories and leaves the dlc directories alone. And anyone who wants to include their dlc costumes into the random costume selection process can copy them to said patch directory?

I know I said “simply”, ha, but I imagine this will require some sort of script.

Maybe an alternate solution would be just to create a totally separate folder for the script to read from, with the same character file structure, but all the files are empty. And if anyone want to add costumes to it for the cpu opponent to select from during arcade mode, they can add the costumes into that folder manually. If all the folders are empty, then the cpu selects the default costume with a random color. Seems like the easiest solution.

Btw, I’m not sure what the file structure is for the Upgraded Version of Ultra in regards to dlc, I purchased the Full Retail version of Ultra with all of the costumes unlocked.

yes I use that program in my ps3 control
fools the game into thinking it’s console

Not to be rude or anything, but I have no idea what the deal is with this mod

Feet

and hands as well.

I believe it is the feets and hands for Juri, no idea for sakura though, probably the same thing.

I don’t know why modifying these models is so painful. I have finally succeed in extracting a fully rigged mesh, but when it is the time to re-import it, all hell break loose. Even if the vertexes have simply been moved, I cannot re-inject it and the only way I can get a working SMD is to adjust it and export it in blender since I cannot export a rigged character from Max and import it back in blender and cannot have a working SMD exporter for max. Ugh, I might be able to append the working SMD converted into EMG in an EMO if I retry… last time I was getting some errors.

Steam version just got updated with new costumes.

Which costumes were added?