Unblockable no Hado: Ryu Unblockables

*DISCLAIMER

I hereby declare that I am not responsible for the consequences of using unblockables :slight_smile: I hereby wash my hands clean of any hate mail, rage quit, yo mama abuses, stick toss and general salt you will get for doing it. By using this technique you hereby agree to this disclaimer. :smiley: lolz!!!

*DISCLAIMER

I hereby declare that I am not responsible for the consequences of using unblockables :slight_smile: I hereby wash my hands clean of any hate mail, rage quit, yo mama abuses, stick toss and general salt you will get for doing it. By using this technique you hereby agree to this disclaimer. :smiley: lolz!!!

Hey ugo,

What button are you using for that unblockable tatsu crossup? Also, can someone help me with air tatus? Most of the times my air tatsu stays in one place in mid air and drop straight down slowly. What am I doing wrong? Do you have to hold it a specific direction after you do the move?

Nope. It depends on three things only:

1. Whether it’s a neutral or forward jump
  2. The timing of the tatsu
  3. What kick button was pressed.

neutral air tatsu won’t travel horizontally much at all (but neutral heavy air tatsu does do so a little, you can occasionally surprise an opponent with nj tatsu that hits when it kind of shouldn’t in the opponent’s mind).
Forward jumping tatsus give you a stall, a slightly forward moving but mostly descending tatsu useful for crossups or a long, gliding “sniper tatsu” depending entirely on your timing and strength of kick button pressed.

I AGREE :smiley:

Anyone who thinks that doing something that is in game is “dirty” will never be good at Street Fighter or any other fighting game. Throw away your fabricated “honor” and play to win.

Anyone ever wonder as to why unblockables are so prevalent lately? Was it a change in AE that made it to where unblockables were in the game? Granted I’ve never tried unblockables in vanilla or chocolate but it makes me wonder why they’re showing up NOW.

It has been there, the reason for it was. Just discovered in AE

It was discovered in vanilla already, but AFAIK the only one people knew about was Chun Li’s unblockable flip kick on shotos and Viper.

Does anyone bother keeping match up notes? It’d be convenient if someone just copy + pasted their unblockables and safe jumps so people don’t have to watch every video in the thread.

[media=youtube]rVMxJCHQ_Lg[/media]

Another example of unblockable setup against Ryu/Ken/El/Bison/ERyu/Rufus/Adon and Gief

[media=youtube]x3I3-sgehAM[/media]

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Spirited_Away”>[media=youtube]rVMxJCHQ_Lg[/media]<br />
<br />
Another example of unblockable setup against Ryu/Ken/El/Bison/ERyu/Rufus/Adon and Gief</blockquote>

So on this unblockable do you have to step back or is it just a case of timing ? cos I was able to block it everytime I did it in the training room.

<blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“CobraKai”><blockquote class=“Quote” rel=“Spirited_Away”>[media=youtube]rVMxJCHQ_Lg[/media]<br />
<br />
Another example of unblockable setup against Ryu/Ken/El/Bison/ERyu/Rufus/Adon and Gief</blockquote>

So on this unblockable do you have to step back or is it just a case of timing ? cos I was able to block it everytime I did it in the training room.</blockquote>
Most times the timing is stricken. It’s easy on guy and ibuki