Unblockables?

Has DJ-B13’s video on youtube about all of the Mvc2 unblockables been figured out?

[media=youtube]mbnTwHXWhXo[/media]

I can’t tell if all of them are unblockables or some of them are just crossups.

And some of them I just flat out don’t understand the mechanics of why they’re unblockable (like the sent qcf+lk xx qcf+pp DHC hail storm, that’s way too low to be a guard break isn’t it? )

And I also heard Strider has an unblockable by just activating orbs and walking forward underneath the person. Is this true?

The drones into hail isnt a gb, it is the screen freeze on the frame before the drones hit that make the drones unblockable, and the drones combo into the hail.

But I don’t understand why a freeze frame makes it unblockable? I thought freeze frames work as unblockables only if the person isn’t already blocking. But in those videos, clearly Sent is already blocking… but he gets nailed anyway.

Im pretty sure if you freeze screen any projectile 1 frame before it hits it makes that projectile unblock, regardless of what the other person is doing. Someone correct me if im wrong on this, this is just how i understand it.

When you do a DHC it will repeat a few frames before the screen freeze. I remember something similiar in the Variable Atmosphere video by Magnetro, look for the Ironman-Megaman clip.

So your blocking the drones then sent dhc into storm hail. Since the system will repeat a few previous frames after the screen freeze it causes you to lose your ability to block. Maybe the system acknowledges that you are blocking the attack, then DHC happens and you go back to neutral but the system still thinks your blocking the attack when you’ve really gone back to neutral, so then the system doesn’t allow you to block the attack and hail connects. This is my theory on how those dhc unblockables work, Magnetro would give you a better explanation, but I do remember that when you DHC the last few frames will repeat causing some weird shit to happen if you time it right.

Sounds fair enough, if there is anything anyone would like to add, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much for the input.

yea I think a full explanation would be awesome from Magnetro or somebody who fully knows what’s going on, because I’m not so sure it has anything to do with going back to neutral… I mean, it’s unblockable afterall, meaning there is no way you can possibly block the attack, whether you put the stick to neutral or hold it in block position the whole time.

I’ve just never seen such a video, and nobody seems to really care about it, but maybe because they’re very situation specific and can’t be worked into a deadly dhc?? or it’s beyond comprehension (at least it is for me).

I mean free damage is free damage, nonetheless. It could be game changing if somebody found a sick DHC off of this (like a free HSF guaranteed).

[quote=“jaded, post:7, topic:39681”]

yea I think a full explanation would be awesome from Magnetro or somebody who fully knows what’s going on, because I’m not so sure it has anything to do with going back to neutral… I mean, it’s unblockable afterall, meaning there is no way you can possibly block the attack, whether you put the stick to neutral or hold it in block position the whole time.

I’ve just never seen such a video, and nobody seems to really care about it, but maybe because they’re very situation specific and can’t be worked into a deadly dhc?? or it’s beyond comprehension (at least it is for me).

I mean free damage is free damage, nonetheless. It could be game changing if somebody found a sick DHC off of this (like a free HSF guaranteed).[/QUOTE

Well this is my opinion (not proven fact but just my observation) I think it works because the character doing the first super leaves during the DHC so for a frame there is no point character on the screen. I think that you can’t block if there is no character to block.