Regarding Junior colleges:
As much as we’d like to include ANY school/institution in this event, we are still working on accommodating four or five schools at all. For now, we have to turn down any applications for junior college entries, but thanks for your interest!
The Official Date for the Winter 2004 University Battle is:
–March 6th, 2004–
I will need all schools to submit (by e-mail) what games they will enter, and the players who are entering each game by:
–February 28th, 2004–
Let me know if any of your players are not actually enrolled in your school, so we can work out these exceptions.
- A school no longer has to have an arcade on campus to enter.
- A player cannot compete in more than 3 games.
- Special cases might be required for alumni/regulars, so check with me first.
- Round Robin seems to be universally favored over Gauntlet-style, so this will probably be the case as well.
- The following games will be played:
- Guilty Gear XX
- Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2
- Capcom vs. SNK 2
- Soul Calibur 2
- Tekken Tag Tournament (3 players)
- Before a match-up against another school, you need to tell me what team/character you’re going to use, and we’ll run it like a double blind-selection. However, you have to use that team for the entire match-up. You can only change chars/teams/grooves/ratios when you’re fighting a new school.
I’m not too fond of the PM system, so just make your enquiries in this thread. If you need to ask something in private, my e-mail address is: