University Of Rhode Island: 1st Anual Tournament [Feb 2008]

Introduction
I am part of the gaming club at the University Of Rhode Island and have been given promission to host a large scale fighting game tournament. The gaming club is going to be doing fund raisers and monthly tournamants in order to add some funds to the first palce winnings in each game. This is a tournament i hope to run for the next 4 years if this year it is ran successfully.

I am being given the ball room at the school so it will be of a similar size to the space at Evo East. But unfortunatly i will not be able to run a BYOC area.

Games and rules
All games will be run with their EVOLUTION2k rule sets.

Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike (ps2)
Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (ps3)
Capcom vs. Snk 2 (ps2)
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2(DC)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (CC2, Ps2)
Super Smash Brothers (GC) [not sure if this is best, BUT it will bring people and extra cash flow]
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core

Current Equipment (will be updated)
200 or so chairs
10 CRT Tv’s
projector
4x playstation 2’s & games
4 dreamcasts
4 Dreamcast Converters (need to get more)
game cubes

If you want to bring a TV or console or anything, PLEASE contact me… and when you bring it make sure there is some way you can confirm that it is yours.

Special Events
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike 3 on 3
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 3 on 3

When/Entry Fees/Prizes
The tournament will be in mid to late february and will either be a friday/saturday/sunday or saturday/sunday layout.

—Entry Fees—
Main tournaments
10$ to get in
15$ per game

Special events
15$ per team

—Prizes—
All games will have a 70/20/10 split and up through 5th place will have their entry fee refunded.

50% of the “get in” fees will be split up and will be split up amongst the games and will be awarded as added bonuses to first place winners.

Free pizza is highly likley… so food is most likley not going to be a problem for people.

DUE TO SCHOOL POLICY… MONEY MATCHES ARE NOT ALLOWED… THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I CANNOT DO THE BYOC AREA…SAFTEY PRECAUTION…IF I WANT TO DO THIS AGAIN IN THE COMING YEARS MONEY MATCHES CAN’T BE ALLOWED.

sounds neat, it’s really far off, though.

Is that tournament list final? By Feb 08 Brawl is going to be out for the Wii and GGAC should have a domestic release. If this is a multiday event (which it looks like it’s gonna be) there can easily be more tournaments.

well, getting all those wii are going to be expensive and since most of the stuff is out of pocket…if the SB community wants that then they have to step up and bring the equip. But yea, i forgot to add GG >_<… my B… first post edited.