University of RI 3rd Strike Ranking Battles Season 1 (bi-weekly, begins 10/3 @ 8pm)

URI Gaming Club presents the URI 3rd Strike Ranking Battles Season 1

IF MORE THAN 8 PEOPLE SHOW UP I WILL GET A PARTY PIZZA AND SOME SODA FOR PEOPLE!!!

Table Of Contents
I. Introduction
II. Venue and dates
III. Rules
IV. Point system
V. Prizes
VI. Directions

Introduction
I have decided to run a ranking battle season for 3rd strike since well… TGA is no longer going to be running many tournaments. The gaming club has given me the capacity to run these tournaments. Currently it will be run on ps2’s so you will need to bring your own controller. By the end of october there will be an arcade machine with sanwa parts in there running the MAME version of 3s.

THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE TO THESE TOURNAMENTS… JUST SHOW UP!

Venue and dates
The venue is the gaming club in the memorial union on the URI campus. The gaming club is located on the 3rd floor of the union and has 3 usable TV’s as well as 3 ps2’s so the tournaments will not run very long… Hopefully end by 10pm so that there is time for everyone to get home in time to get enough sleep for work/school the next morning.

The dates for the ranking battles is as said in the title bi-weekly;
October 3rd
October 17th
October 31st
November 7th
November 21st

Rules

1. 2/3 Double Elimination, 3/5 Finals, 4/7 Grand finals
  2. Winner may switch supers but not your character
  3. You may switch your character if you lose
  4. No gill
  5. Physical withdrawal from controller necessary for Judge’s Call
  6. Judge’s Calls are Final
  7. Implied Agreement without a Judge is binding
  8. Judgment Is In Effect

Point system
1st. 10 points
2nd. 7 points
3rd. 5 points
4th. 3 points
5th. 1 point

Person with the most points at the end wins the season (refer to prize section)

Prizes
Per ranking battle
1st: 15$
2nd: 10$
3rd: 5$

End of season
1st. 50$
2nd. 20$
3rd. 10$

Directions
By Car

-From the north, take I-95 South to Exit 9 (Route 4 South) in RHODE ISLAND, follow Route 4 to Route 1 South. Stay on Route 1 until the intersection of Route 138 West. Route 138 West will bring you to the University.

-From the south, take I-95 North to Exit 3A (Route 138 East). Continue east on Route 138 to the University.

-From Newport, follow Route 138 West over the Newport and Jamestown bridges to Route 1. Take Route 1 South to Route 138 West. Follow Route 138 West to the University.

** THERE ARE A FEW PARKING LOTS ON CAMPUS, EASIEST TO GET PARKING AT IS THE RYAN CENTER WHICH IS A 5 MINUET WALK TO THE MEMORIAL UNION**

By Bus

-Bonanza Bus Lines 1-800-556-3815
-R.I. Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) 401-781-9400, 800-244-0444.

-Bus service to URI’s Kingston Campus is available on RIPTA route 66 connecting URI to Providence.

-Bus service to URI’s Providence Campus is available from 35 routes at Kennedy Plaza, just a two block walk from campus.

-For on campus travel, in addition to the on campus shuttle (RIPTA route 211 Blue Line), RIPTA also provides Kingston Flex (Route 210), a reservation based on campus door to door service. For more info about Kingston Flex, call 877-906-3539.

URI Memorial Union
50 Lower College Rd.
Kingston, RI 02881

-For connections from Kingston to Wakefield and Newport also see RIPTA route 64.

how about pizza and beer?

damn u really goin threw with this hmmm. i cant make it to this one but in the upcoming weeks i should be able to get out to atleast one or two :slight_smile:

no alcohol

Tourny room changed… i will let you know tomorrow where it is being held but it is still in the memorial union.

whats the physical address of this place

tourny canceled for this wednesday, there were some complications with reserving the room (the dude who was doing it for me didn’t fucking do it)

i might run it next week and just do 2 weeks in a row

first post updated with physical address

there should be cvs2 and mvc2 along with 3s and why would you have a tournament on halloween no one will show up to that wouldn’t it make more sense to have tourneys on the weekends instead of wednesdays when everyone has to work

these are for the locals caddles… and i’m gona be running monthlies for everything… but i dont have a DC so someone would need to bring one.

Monthlies would be…

3s
GG: AC
T5 dr (if someone can bring a ps3)
mvc2
cvs2

also the dates are being changed, cause my arcade cabinet wasn’t done yet.

wouldnt the point of having tournaments in the ri/ma area be fpr the entire scene as in the usual cast of people that show up instead of only having uri people involved thats kinda odd youd get a lot more ppl if you held them on the weekends which most tourneys run on also classes are on wednesday but anyway they are your tounreys but it would make a lot more sense

i can’t physically run more than 1 game at a time for weeklies… not possible, there isnt enough space.

i’d do a monthly for everyone because i’d have to rent out a big space, but bi-weeklies for local people.