'unregistered' or 'de-registered'?

This question has been plaguing me!

See, I sent an email to the financial aid office asking if certain changes to my reward will cause me to become de-registered from courses (for not paying all my Spring charges on time) if I don’t do something about it immediately or in a certain way. I got an email back, and one thing they stated was:

You will not become “de-registered” from courses, however.

The fact that they deliberately put the word de-registered in quotation marks has been bothering me since this morning. Did this person imply that I used the wrong wording? Are they making fun of me? What really sacks me is that, if any of the above are true, could there be a small group of office staff pointing and laughing at the email, pondering over what the average college student’s grasp of the English language is like, nowadays?

:sad:

Yes.

To all of it.

And the entire English department, as well.

Including first year T.A.s

Please Believe.

As I see it.

De- indicates “away from”. To deter someone is to keep them away from their original course of action.

Un- indicates negation. To cancel your registration would be unregistration.

De also indicates “of”, or “from”.

So glorious is the English language.

It could almost make the Bible intelligible.

As I see it.

Did you reply to the email and ask them (or call them), or are you still sitting infront of your computer monitor thinking about it? Personally I think they are making fun of you.

They are probably laughing at you because you added a hyphen to a word for no reason.

Retard.

imo.

i’m sure that email was forwarded to everybody in the department and they all have a printout hanging in their cubicle.