Upcoming Site Improvements

I’m confused: is it a requirement that a post gets flagged as Trolling 13 times before it’s brought to a moderator’s attention? I just saw a guy in the moderator queue who had 79 “this guy is a troll votes” on his account, but only one of his posts made it to the Moderation Queue. The posts with 10, 11, 12, and 11 “troll” votes didn’t show up: just the one with 13. The ones with “fewer” votes got buried, but still - this is a guy that should have been reached out to and talked to days ago as opposed to letting him continue drunk post.

I feel like at 5 troll votes, maximum, you should bring it to the attention of moderators. It would probably be good to have the “buried” threshold at the same value or higher, since otherwise you risk vigilante burying of a some dude that others simply do not like. This is why in the old infraction moderation system there was a dedicated infraction for “Abusing the reporting system”. You want everyone to use the tools without malice, but this is a large community and there’s always some chuckleheads that like to abuse what they can. :\

And again: please update the duplicate post prevention system. Pushing 2nd-6th duplicate posts to the spam queue means that I need to mark it as not spam (AFAICT) so the guy isn’t banned, then fire up Firefox to go delete the dupe posts for them since they can’t do that right now.

Either auto-preventing dupe posts (“Hey, you just posted in the past 20 seconds: please wait!”, “Hey you just posted this: are you sure you want to post it again?”) or adding a moderation tool for “Accidental dupe: please delete for them” would be excellent. That last one requires context, but after a day in the moderation queue you quickly note that anything non-spambotty flagged as spam right now is most likely an accidental double post. :\

On other Vanilla forums I’m on, there’s actually a “drafts” listing in a menu displayed on the Discussions page, so there’s a way to do that in the forum software and whatnot. In any case, right now I’m stuck doing the whole, delete everything, replace with a period method.

Also, email notifications appear unreliable(?). I have “Notify me of private messages” checked, but didn’t get a notification earlier today when someone PM’d me to ask me to look into the troll mentioned above. Not sure what the rules are on those email notifications, but something is slightly off.

Is the Stream directory coming back so people can more quickly figure out what fighting game streams to tune into? That seemed of high value.

y u removed “mark all read” button? >_<

also, I doubt this forum should be visible:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/misc-items

Can we please get the Unknown account fixed so that it cannot be logged into? I dread how much damage spambots have done stomping on old useful character posts. That’s a nasty spam hole, and I don’t know if there’s any anyone of us ‘normal’ people can readily notice what they’ve stomped on.

Example:
What the fuck is this?

I guess on the plus side all the bots from different spam people are actively exploiting this same stupid hole on SRK so are actively stomping all over each other:

Gaaaaah.

Anyone else have a problem with the mobile site where the cursor jumps to the beginning of a post when you try to manually move it to the end? So far, I haven’t encountered this with any of my other apps on my Galaxy, so I assume its with the forum software.

It happens to me every once in a while on Droid. I also don’t like that on mobile, there is no way to look at notifications without first clicking on your account, and THEN clicking notifications. That process takes 2 pages more than it should.

That, and the small size of the page numbers is my only complaint with mobile.

Some of the bots seem to like to spam their own profile so that they show up in the activity feed:

When I click on this link: WTS - Full Kuroda DVD sets & RARE Kuroda Urien DVD!
I get the following prompt:
"Authentication Required
The Server Http://neoempire.com:80 requires a username and password."
Why/how the hell am I getting prompted to login to an outside website from within SRK?

The first post has a reference to an image on their boards: http://neoempire.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I assume neoempire has a configuration that won’t load imagery for non-members. Saves bandwidth, motivates more people to sign up on their boards/services, etc. Not that uncommon.

I’ve taken the liberty of editing the image out.

If this isn’t on the list of things to fix/improve, it seems we are unable to change the text below our Avatars. If I’m missing a prompt to do so, please enlighten me…

Is there any chance we could get Smilies for Injustice Buttons? I could really use them.

Just use Marvel/Blazblue smilies.

I turned off images on signatures… so why can i still see the image in this guy’s signature?
http://forums.shoryuken.com/profile/42301/Trini_Outsider34

Except Injustice uses numeric notation and has buttons with no FG equal.