I decided to make this thread for any commonly asked questions or if somebody has a quick question they want to ask they can do so here, instead of making a new thread.
Old Vanilla Questions and Answers – 2/9/2011
1. Is Zero top tier?
- As of today (2/9/2011) the game is not even out to all public, so all statements about Zero being good/bad are only speculations and might change in the future as the game evolves. Also remember once the first tier list is out, remember the results are only temporal and will be updated as the game progresses.
2. What does [insert move] does?
- You should refer to the main Zero thread or SRK Wiki for information on Zero’s moves.
3. Does Soungenmu power-up stays if Zero switches?
4. Are there any character guides on how to play the character? [UPDATED 10/21/2011]
- You can find some tutorials in the video thread. If looking for a video tutorial on how to do an specific combo, look for it in the combo thread(s).
5. Want to make a Zero avatar with his official art, where can I find it?
6. Where is the “general Zero thread”?
7. Does Zero has a lv.3 super?
- Like I mentioned above, any move list question should be answered by looking at the general thread or the Shoryuken Wiki. But yes, he does have one.
8. How much health does Zero have?
- He has 800 health, the 2nd lowest in the game. Tied with Amaterasu, Akuma, and Arthur. Very near (25-50 points) to X-23, Magneto, Storm, Chun-Li, and Trish.
9. Can Zero link 2 Rekkoukas with a XFC (X-Factor Cancel or KFC)?
- Yes, can do it both mid screen and in the corner.
10. What do Zero’s colors represent?
- The Black represents Bass or Zero’s black armor. Blue resembles X from the Megaman X series. And the blue with red color most porbably represents Axl (even do some people say it can also represent Strider Hiryu).
11. What is Zero’s best assist?
- Like all characters in the game, it is personal preference. “a” is a decent “get off me” assist, “b” is a projectile but it not good at all, and “y” is a very short combo extender but travels good distance. (none of the assists OTG) Zero’s assist really shine once he activates Sougenmu do. “a” becomes a very good srk assist hitting a lot of times and twice of what it originally did. “b” becomes one of Zero’s best assist, if not his best. It shoots 2 Hadangeki fireballs that can help possibly every character in the game to zone and to rushdown. (similar to Sent drones) His “y” assist becomes a better combo extender and helps keep pressure better than before.
12. What is Zero’s alternate costume gonna be?
- Not yet announced.
13. What is Zero’s best combo?
- Like all characters, there is no best combo. There are a lot of different combos that fit different situations. Like continuing a combo after an air-grab or maybe a stronger combo in the corner. For all of your combo/reset questions, go to the official combo thread.
14. What are some good strategies against (insert character)?
- For all of the basic and advances tips for dealing with certain characters, look and discuss here: http://shoryuken.com/f389/i-dont-even-need-my-sword-such-easy-fight-zero-matchup-thread-266350/
15. Storm keeps dropping out of the Shippuga Loop! How can I fix this?
- Some characters have this problem, the main way you can fix this is by doing the loop faster. With this I mean not letting all of the hits of your s.:h:s hit so Shippuga doesn’t send them too high into the air for the next s.:l: to hit. If you’re using cr.:h:, it would be best for you to do a quick s.:h: instead of a cr.:h: in the second loop, this many times fixes the problem.
16. UMVC3! YES! Any changes for Zero?
- The changes for Zero can be found on the UMVC3 changes thread. Some of these changes include Lv.3 Buster Shot not being a hard knockdown on hit anymore.
17. New colors for Zero, where can I find them? [UPDATED 10/21/2011]
18. What are some good partners with Zero?
- Dormammu, Doom, Dante, Sentinel, and Amaterasu are the most commonly used. For other good partners and discussion go to the team thread and ask about your team.
19. Will Zero and Nemesis be good partners?
- We don’t know yet due to UMVC3 not even being released yet. We can sometimes theory fight with Zero being a good/bad partner with the announced characters (Ghost Rider, Strider, Hawkeye, Firebrand), but nothing is really true until we get our hands with the game.
20. Where can I find videos of Zero like tutorials, combo videos, etc.******?
- In the video thread…
21. I don’t have the official MVC3 guide, so where can I find Zero’s frame data?
Zero Frame Data
22. Who is the best Zero player of all time? I want to see some videos of him/her and ask him/her questions!
- Well, I can’t really answer that seeing how few Zero players there are and how good they all are. If you really want to see videos/ask them questions, here are some of the more regulars members that could probably answer your questions: Nina Heart, Eviltoasteroffp, AvariceX, xS A M U R A Ix, Dark Sonic, DukeSharp and myself (Kef). So start a conversation with them so you can get all kinds of help.
23. What’s the Steb combo extension?
- It’s basically an extension to the end of your combo that allows for a Setsuizan at the end of the combo to hard knockdown. This is done by OTGing with Setsuizan while calling an assist that hits long enough for you to do a s.:s: without causing the character to launch into the air. So after the s.:s: you continue with j.Lv.3 Buster>:l: Raikouzen>TK Setsuizan and then land Rekkoha. This is very important to land big damage and is probably gonna be a necessity in UMVC3 (seeing how Lv.3 Buster doesn’t hard knockdown anymore).
24. Why is Dante-a and Zero-a so great together?
- Ryuenjin gives very good combo extensions to Dante’s combos, while Jam Sessions gives amazing combo extension to Zero’s combos. Jam Session can control the places where Zero is most vulnerable and help him to zone with buster. Jam Session can setup cross-ups with Zero’s teleport dashes. After a Rekkouha, DHCing into Devil Trigger makes Dante do a lot of damage, and proceed to Million Dollars afterwards if needed. After Million Dollars in the corner, Zero can start “Ride the Lightning” loops as long as you want. Jam Session allows Zero to combo of a forward air grab and a ground forward grab in the corner. The amount of meter they both get thanks to each other is ridiculous. The combination is so great that people in the forums usually say “Anything with Zero/Dante is a great team”.