Uses for EX Shinku Tatsumaki?

ryu

Trying to figure out some uses for it, but it does less damage in Donkey Kick Juggles than a EX Sho Ryu Ken. And I can’t seem to juggle after an air EX Tatsumaki either.

Is it useful for mixing up jumpin attempts?

Yeah its mostly good for when u both jump or sumthin, if they try to parry a kick or sumthin they wont expect it coming.

If you expect a throw, and have time to prepare, such as them having been knocked down and you playing some sort of confusion game, the ex hurricane is a very safe alternative to pokes (you won’t kara yourself and the ex hurricane is difficult to punish).

Only time I use that sexy little piece is when we both jump, or when I jump in on someone who I think is gonna try to parry any jump in attacks I dish out.

Strong works the same way for me too though. Plus no super bar wasted.

use it to apply pressure safely.

from memory, Ken can reversal into a SA3 after a blocked EX hurricane. Safe, but not that safe.

EX fireball is safer.

Also good for chippig away the very last bit’s of enemy’s life

What the…? Italy?

Hey you should go to Absolution 2k4 in England (april). A lot of Europeans will be there, let me know if you’re interested.

I’d realy like to attend, it’s really a matter of if I can afford it money-wise (also depends on the days, since early April is also exams time). I don’t really know if I can compete, here there’s no solid competition, neither I get to play decent opponets often. I always fare really well, I met only three players overall who could put an even fight on me -who too, like me, don’t have a regular competion-, and still I didn’t find anyone who knows the game engine better than me… but I know that it doesn’t mean much, so only an event like Abso or the likes would help me in evaluating my real skill level - seems good by my matches record in Italy, but without a solid competition, it could be just a fluke.
So yes, I’m interested

www.ullysis.com for info on Abs2K4

thanks. Looks like Abs2k4 starts on my birthday! :lol:

anyway… I heard that in coincidence to the SC2 world tournament held in Cannes on mid Feb. there are also going to be some 2d tournaments… do you have more precise info on this? Cannes is surely more affordable than London…

Yes, there will be tournaments for the following games aside from SC2:

Guilty Gear xx reload (solo)
Guilty Gear xx reload (team*3)
virtua fighter 4 evolution (solo)
virtua fighter 4 evolution (team)
THE king of fighters 2003
capcom vs snk 2
samurai shodown V
street fighter 3 third strike
Street Fighter Zero 3
Tekken 4
DBZ budokai 2
Pes 3 (solo/double)
Hyper street
SVC chaos

(in case you’re wondering, I’m not choosing the games :lol: )

3s (DC) won’t be on the weekend I’m afraid since it’s mostly a SC2 event. I don’t have information on the prizes yet.

I will most likely be in Cannes, however these tournaments will be small compared to Absolution2K4. If I were you I’d go the extra mile and enter Absolution, it’ll have lots more players and machines. Just go to Abs unless you want to miss out on a chance to play Ino, Izu and Kiyomatsu…

!!!
Ino and Izu… I guess I’m going to be utterly raped by Makoto :lol:

And Ino means 0% chance on CvS2…

Kiyomatsu… I remember the name but not the character he uses…

It’s getting very interesting, indeed. Any other big names attending (or rumored to be) aside obviously for the top european players?

(my secret dream is TK owning everyone with Q :wink: )

They’re the only ones who are definitely coming so far. There’s a rumor saying BAS wants to come but I have no info on that yet. TK is actually very interested in coming but he’s very busy with work so the chances of him making it are very low.

Kiyomatsu was the Ken player on Izu’s team at SBO. He also has the best Guy in Japan on Alpha 3.

Absolution 2k4 = gogogo!!!
This is gonna be tha mutha of all tourneys:D

Hol Horse: Rectification, here’s the planning for Cannes. There WILL be 2D tourneys during the weekend too:

11/02/04 :
Soulcalibur 2 solo (quals for sunday)
capcom vs snk 2
Hyper street
Soulcalibur 1

12/02/04 :
Street Fighter Zero 3
Tekken 4
Hyper street

13/02/04 :
virtua fighter 4 evolution (team)
Hyper street
Soulcalibur 1

14/02/04 :
Soulcalibur 2 Final Team event
capcom vs snk 2
Street Fighter Zero 3

15/02/04 :
Soulcalibur 2 solo final event
Guilty Gear xx reload (team)
capcom vs snk 2

thanks
it looks interesting…
now the question is, can I find enough money to attend? being poor sucks, you know… :frowning:

I know what you mean man, I’m gonna be uber-broke after Abs… :frowning:

To be honest I’d advise you to go to London though, if there’s one tourney to attend in Europe this year it’s that one. Cannes is cheaper, but I don’t know how many good players will attend…

I’ll take your advice, Abso looks better for sure, and it being in April, I’m having more time to train myself and maybe the chance to here some money
(since I’m not called Daigo and I will not win any tourney to pay back the travel :lol: )

Prolly everyone already knows this but EX Shinku tatsumaki has vacuum effect, once its started anyone trying to poke at the legs usually gets sucked in for 4-5 hits.