I have a technical problem with USF4. It started on a GFWL version of Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition almost two years ago. Frame rate starts to degrade over time (in a span of 10-15 minutes), it decreases from solid 60 FPS to 59, then goes below 50, making the game unplayable.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 (2.8 GHz)
RAM: 8Gb DDR3
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6770
I found a lot of people with similar problems around the web, and here is a list of things I have tried to fix the game for me.
- I updated my video drivers various times to the latest version.
- Enabled / disabled V-Sync both in-game and in AMD Catalyst Control Centre. I have tried every possible combination of these settings. Catalyst V-Sync also adds screen tearing.
- Tested the game on all three “Framerate” options. Fixed is still the most viable one.
- Turned “RenderingThread” parameter on and off in the “config.ini” file.
- Disabled every graphics option to its lowest setting possible.
- Tried launching the game in lower resolutions and in windowed mode.
Every single one of this solutions doesn’t change any of conditions written above: the game runs at 60 frames for 10 minutes, then performance suddenly drops, so it’s not about my PC not being able to handle the game at 60 frames-per-second, it’s almost like it grows weary after a few minutes, and that is what’s causing the whole ordeal. Alt-tabbing helps for a few seconds, but the best solution is to quit the game and run it again.
From my observation, this FPS degradation started sometime after July of 2013. Both versions of this game (original SF4 and SSF4AE) were working perfectly on my PC before this period of time. The only change in my hardware was adding 4 additional gigabytes of RAM. Not a single game has changed negatively except for USF4.
Did I miss something? Please, help me fix this problem.