USF4 Poison match-up

cammy

Having a bit of a hard time against Poisons. Seem like there’s nothing Cammy can do against her. Poison’s recovery off fireballs allows her to punish a lot of my jump-ins, can’t punish a point blank fireball with ultra, her vega-like back-flip breaks my oki and she has better footies than Cammy IMO. Anyone else having trouble or was I just too tired when I was playing a set with my friend?

I imagine option selecting her backflip with SA should work.
Try FADC through the fireballs.

The tricky part starts when she’s going for overhead or hits you with EX rekka.
Otherwise, I you play her like a shoto I guess.

Yes having trouble. Not with oki. But with the silly neutral game.

Poison can completely disregard footsies in this match up and use hp fb mp and ex. + there annoying juggle follow ups. It’s close to brain dead. And spammable.

If u so things on reaction. She will recover and block. The match is stupid. Mind you this is an early impression.

Never block hp fb on wakeup. Her high low mixup is real.

She feels like a complete roadblock as of now.

Going back to the lab.

Yes having trouble. Not with oki. But with the silly neutral game.

Poison can completely disregard footsies in this match up and use hp fb mp and ex. + there annoying juggle follow ups. It’s close to brain dead. And spammable.

If u so things on reaction. She will recover and block. The match is stupid. Mind you this is an early impression.

Never block hp fb on wakeup. Her high low mixup is real.

She feels like a complete roadblock as of now.

Going back to the lab.

Poison’s hurtbox is odd. It sucks trying to combo her.

Won’t link:
(st.HP, cr.MP)
(st.HP, st.HP)

Doesn’t work, standing or crouching:
(cr.LK, cr.LP, fst.HP xx HK Spiral Arrow) This combo doesn’t work on crouching Guile either.
(cr.LP, cr.HP, cr.MK xx HK Spiral Arrow)

Works at point blank, but doesn’t seem to combo when starting from a crossup if she’s standing.
(cr.LP, st.HP, cr.MK xx HK Spiral Arrow)

Works at point blank, but move out just a little bit and the cr.MK won’t link:
(cr.HP, cr.MK xx HK Spiral Arrow)

Doesn’t work on standing:
(cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.LK xx HK Spiral Arrow)

Only decent damaging combo is crouching only:
(st.MP, cr.MP, cr.MK xx HK Spiral Arrow) 2-hits

Yes. Weird crlp sthp crmk combo doesn’t work on poison from a crossup.

Majority of Far hp combos don’t as you posted.

Clmp far hp seems to be ok tho.

Her overhead is punishable (sometimes. If not spaced/meaty).

Her hp and mp fb has some hurtboxes all around it. During startup and release. The only thing I can think of is to keep trading with far hk. Usually the trade is even or slightly in your favor. Watch out for focus or ex fb :frowning:

Ex fb is too good.

Cammy shoto jlk unblockable works on poison.

I actually hate Poison. Our dive kick and cr.HP get nerfed but every new character gets brain-dead easy mid-screen Ultra juggles.

Anyway, I treat Poison like Guile and Ryu combined. Approach from the ground mainly. I just use the old school tactic of block/walk forward or block/neutral jump (use nj. MK for air-to-airs). Focus dashing won’t work too often since Poison players tend to space fireballs so they can link a cr. mk on hit. Once you’re in or you get a knockdown, she has no real answer to pressure and her DP is easy to safe jump. If you time it correctly off o fcertain knockdowns, you can even neutral jump and have the DP whiff. Be sure to OS the backflip, took me a while to realize this was a backflip and not a backdash. Meaty fireball setups can be DPed. Just don’t let her get away, since the frame advantage and hitboxes on all of her fireballs is insane and Poison has all the tools to keep you out.

The match up is extremely annoying. I believe the mu is bad for cammy so far.

You lose life trying to get in. And once u open her up. You hardly land any significant damage.

Oki after hk sa. Her dp actually beats low strikes. Crossup hk strike she can backdash out of it. It’s still a guess for the cammy player. And if u land a crossup lk … so what… your combo is something like crlp close hp xx arrow. Since nothing else works.

Landing into fireballs from a jump is suicide. She can followup with any normal/dp/ex fb and ultra1. Her u1 is also used as aa.

And any 1 combo into rekka can get her out of the corner. Rekka knockdown dash corps hop with overhead to switch position… and let the chase begin again.

Against Poison I think we should try to land our crossup j.LK a bit deeper so we can combo straight into cl.HP.

j.LK cl.HP cr.MK works as long we don’t add any jabs. If you hit it too high you can use cr.LP cl.MP cr.MK instead.

I didn’t really test it but isn’t she backdashing right into Cammys face open for a punish if she tries to evade the crossup divekick ?

If we catch her crouching with anything we can combo into cl.MP, cr.MP, cr.MK xx MK Arrow (or HK Arrow if we hit her crouching with an EX Strike)

I haven’t been able to hit xup strikes on her because of her stupid DP. Is it possible to do the strike so that it whiffs? (I’ve been playing around with the timing but her DP goes straight up so it seems impossible to go for a strike that makes it whiff and xups on hit)

I think this match up is in poisons favor. I actually reacted with U1 on a fireball (mid range) with great reactions and was like “yea i got this!” then woops Cammy gets in 1 hit and falls back into Poisons fireball instead of getting the full animation, i actually traded even with her. And i felt like i had to focus and play so much better to even achieve half as much damage than my opponent. My best advice is that you never jump, she has really good anti air’s, her cr hp is similiar to Sakura’s. Try to get to her by using focus attacks through her fireballs push her into the corner with the st. hk and mk. If he miss use his focus attacks be sure to react with cr. mk>Spiral arrow. Somehow this is kind off fun because i feel like i’m improving my ground footsie game allot in this mu. You’ll get used to the matchup eventually i guess.

Lost to a Poison at WNF last week. It’s a very uphill battle thanks to the amazing frame advantage on the fireballs. Gotta hit the lab.