USFIV Dhalsim: Location tests, desired changes, and future speculation

dhalsim

Known changes so far:
:black_medium_small_square:Standing MK does 2 hits, 200 stun
:black_medium_small_square:Standing MP start-up reduced from 10F to 9F, -1 on hit and block
:black_medium_small_square:Standing HP damage increased from 75 to 80, +1 on hit
:black_medium_small_square:Standing MK Damage 4030, stun 100100
:black_medium_small_square:B+LK damage increased from 30 to 40
:black_medium_small_square:B+MK slightly less pushback on hit and block
:black_medium_small_square:B+HK damage increased from 90 to 100
:black_medium_small_square:LK Yoga Blast has slightly reduced hurtbox
:black_medium_small_square:MK Yoga Blast start-up reduced from 15F to 14F
:black_medium_small_square:EX Yoga Blast damage increased from 9050 to 9060, hitbox slightly expanded forward
:black_medium_small_square:EX Yoga Flame damage increased from 5070 to 7070, hitbox slightly expanded forward
:black_medium_small_square:EX Yoga Blast now causes soft knockdown instead of hard
:black_medium_small_square:UC2 (Yoga Shangri-La) throw range slightly increased

I like the changes, but thy don’t address one of his biggest problems which are divekicks. I feel he needs a surefire way to deal with low angled divekicks that deals good damage to deter an opponent from just doing it until it works. I would like for an increased startup on EX Yoga Flame to 5F. I know that sounds crazy and it opens up combos for short and jab attacks, but I think this will really help out against divekick characters. The hitbox of the flame should also be stretched backwards towards Sim’s hurtbox as well so that it will trade like EX Blast. The damage should be changed to 70*30 because of the frame buff.

I always thought hardKD on Yoga Blast was kinda unfair against characters that had a really hard time getting in on Sim in the first place, but it really helped out against his bad MU’s. I say keep the softKD, but make it so that when a character gets hit with Yoga Blast, it’ll knock them high into the air the same way that lariat or a DP would, on trade and on the second hit. This gives him time to reset the situation, but not as much time as a hardKD.

D.mp startup changed to 10F. D.hp startup changed to 12F and hitbox expanded upwards to middle of top arm. D.lp startup changed to 8F. B.lp overhead startup changed to 10F and +2 on hit making super easier and EX Flame possible. St.lk hitbox extended to middle of the foot. Both Mk and Hk slides startups changed to Lk slide startup. Lk slide special cancellable from all ranges. Increased speed of drills and mummy with enlarged hitboxes. They should be unpunishable on block if they hit below the waist on an average size character. Any higher and punishable.

Tl;Dr

-EX Flame startup changed to 5F; damage changed to 70*30; hitbox of flame enlarged backwards towards Sim.
-EX Blast causes opponents to be launched high into the air like lariat/dp; softKD
-D.mp startup changed to 10F
-D.hp startup changed to 12F; hitbox expanded to middle of top arm.
-D.lp startup changed to 8F
-B.lp overhead startup changed to 10F and +2 on hit
-St.lk hitbox extended to middle of foot
-Mk and Hk slides startups changed to Lk startup
-Lk slide special cancellable from all ranges
-Increased speed of drills and mummy with enlarged hitboxes

So what do you guys think? Too much? Outrageous? St.lk needs to be special cancellable :).

s.MK will do 100 stun on each hit? I’m pretty sure that’s a messe up translation… 200 stun in one s.MK seems a bit off…

Anyways, december 8 we we’ll have a loc test here in Brazil and I plan to play some matches using Sim. Hope he’s not terrible1

no love for drills or slides :frowning:

David Philip Graham ‏@ultradavid 1h
@SimSimIV I am! Was just gonna tweet about it. Dhalsim lk drill is faster & u2 range is half screen!

I am a little on the fence about this knowledge as a friend of mine tested u2 at dreamhack and said it was barely buffed. I hope the build David is playing is the truth though!

It’s gong to feel weird without the Blast HKD. I remember playing an unpatched version of AE and that’s when I realized. It’s not always about the setups, you have time to get away and to breathe lol.

So fchamp posted today that you still cant cancel into ultra 1 when a yoga fire is on screen. I already wrote about this in my feedback to dawgtanian, but that is such a huge nerf. The part that surprises me so much about the nerf is that Dhalsim has had this ability since Vanilla, and only just now Capcom have deemed it ‘too good’. Such a big part of his game is gone now in my opinion. Not to mention trapping people with that was a very fun part of his game too.

Even if Dhalsim is better overall in Ultra, I dont think he will be the same zoning wall character I fell in love with. Wultra may buff him but I didnt pick Dhalsim because I wanted to grab people with an air super :frowning:

I’m surprised by this considering that Combofiend has deep knowledge about the game. For every sf4 release since super Dhalsim has been butchered with nerfs.

I bet they are doing this nerf to appease those people who does not know the match up and constantly cry about how powerful Dhalsim is which is false.

I hope Capcom takes your feedback into consideration. This nerf will pretty much kill this once unique character.

Dhalsim haters rejoice!

I’m guessing this nerf is to make Double Ultra more viable. That set up is basically the same for both ultras. (Punish with ultra for jumping over a fire). U2 has almost all the same benefits of ultra minus the mix-ups. This to me was more of balancing the Ultras.