Honda’s ultra 2 is not great, but let’s recap what it can and can’t do.
- It still has 0+1 frame startup (startup after the ultra freeze). This allows it to punish things that are -1 like any other grappler’s ultra, but it doesn’t allow Honda to use it offensively. (Opponent’s can jump away after you’ve activated the ultra)
- U2 range got buffed
- input nerf (hcbx2 -> 720). This makes it a bit harder to use it as a punish ultra since u’re required to make more inputs.
- U2 input usually gets overlapped by Super and U1 if you have charge and double ultra equipped.
It’s mainly used to:
- Punish specials/Normals that are minus on block and give enough blockstun to input a 720.
- Focus dashing through attacks and punishing the opponents during their recovery frames.
- Combo after a focus crumple (good luck with that!).
- Mash during your opponent’s combos and hope that they drop it.
U2 punish List
- Between the COD attacks.
- Close LK Wheel kick on block, close MK/HK Wheel kick on **hit **& block
- Kara U2 to punish close EX Wheel kick on block
- Grounded LK/MK jaguar kicks on block or hit
(in ENG or JAP, he’ll shout ‘Jaguar Kick’ if it’s ground JK, he’ll make a loud noise if it’s air JK)
- All Jaguar tooths on block (very space dependent, nearly impossible to punish)
- Close TAP (-2~) on block
- MP Dash straight on hit
- LK Dash upper on block (-3) on **hit **(-1)
- MK, HK and EX Dash upper on block
- Haven’t tested his other dash punches, but most likely on block.
- non-meaty and close Spiral Arrow (be sure to block 2 hits low before punishing it)
- SA fadc forward
- Cannon Strike
- Close Criminal Upper on block
- Close Ruffian Kicks on block
- Close Zonks on block
- MK and HK Danku on block (-2)
- EX Danku on block (-3)
- Air LK Danku on block
Decapre: Haven’t tested her out yet
- her rappid daggers?
- Cannon Strike on Hit/Block
- Air Spiral Arrow on Block
- EX MGU on block
- Light Sobat kick on block
- Close Machine Gun blows on block
- Short Swing Blow on block
- Duck straight and upper on block
- Overhead on block
- Buttslams on block
- Close EX Headbutt on block
- Tatsus on block
- LK, MK, EX Axe kick on block
- Ultra 2 to punish very badly spaced 2nd or 3rd rekka.
- LK and MK ChickenWing on block
- run -> block overhead kick (2hits)
- EX Hozanto on block
- Ken’s overhead b.MK on block(-5) or hit(-2)
- Ken’s overhead f.HK on hit, but not on block.
- LK tatsu on block (-6) or **hit **(-2)
- MK tatsu on block (-4)
- HK tatsu on block (-5) or **hit **(-1)
- EX tatsu on block (-3)
- Devil Reverse on block
- Hayate on block
- Rakan Dantojin on block
- Sekisei Jiraiken on block
Poison: ? Haven’t tested her out yet
- Her Rekkas?
- MK tatsu on block (-2)
- HK tatsu on block (-3)
Vega has a very hard time touching Honda with FBA when he focuses. If you crumple the landing vega or dash cancel the FA you can punish Vega on recovery with U2
- Greenhands on block
- LP, MP, HP Greenhand on hit
- Mash u2 after the 2nd hit of his mantis slashes. If he drops it, you can punish him with u2, on block or hit.
- Lunge punch on block
- EX Shoulder attack on block
Shoutouts to @Teyah for making the divekick charts.