It’s about time we started a Vampire Savior strategy thread, nobody did it before. So now is the time to start one, so what ever strats you have for anyone would be cool. I wanna hear some shit about Lord Raptor, Lei-Lei, Pyron, and Huitzil.
Demitri (Hunter mode) midnight pleasure over and over and over.
Lei-Lei strats here. Lei-Lei is quite strong in VS in fact I believe she’s top tier in VS. She’s fast, she’s got good priorities, and her combos are damaging. She can be aggressive and defensive. Well enough of that…
- Use her d+HK against jump-ins. Great priority and speed.
- Use her MP for air to air encounters and as a jump-in. Good speed and almost unbeatable in the air.
- If opponent is on the defensive teleport(dash) then command grab(forgot the motion… sorry). She has the most damaging command grab remember that.
- Pendulum cancel. How do you do that? Simple, just do her pendulum move(dp+P) then cancel it with a K. Pendulum cancel can be used as feint and surprise rush-in.
- Air dash. Even though she’s got a good jump-in move(MP than cancel to HP) don’t forget her air dash. You can air dash after the pendulum move.
- Her projectile is good. It has fast recovery and if she throws a dizzying projectile and it hits free combo. Free combos are good!
- Practice this combo: LP, LK, HK, then quickly press MP, MP, u. Lei-Lei’s death from above is an overhead move. It catches most people off guard.
- Is this better to use then f+FP, I personally like f+FP against jump ins.
- Would this be better to use then FP jump in?
- The motion for it is f,d,b+any punch, that’s the same for anyone that has a command grab.
- It’s also good against people that forget to block the right way when she goes back and forth.
- So then you would cancel the pendulum swing with kick and could then air dash correct?
- Is the dizzying one the d,f+2p version?
- Sounds like a good combo to me.
Here’s some more lei-lei stuff I found myself.
-Use her blade super to get some nice damage in. I can also use this against dashers.
-The pendulum swing is great for crossing up, as is it gives you multiple oppurtunities for cross up.
-Mix up her projectiles for confusion factor.
-I don’t think the bomb super is as bad as some people think it is. Also how do you get the timer to be shorter? I sometimes get a pink bomb, which has 6-7 seconds on it instead of 10 which is on the black one.
-Her ground dash is also very kick ass, helps her get in when used at the right time.
-I also like to use her FP against dashers. It’s helped me in battle several times.
-Are there any reliable combos into her drum move? Also can’t you do the es version and then go into a ground combo?
Does anyone have any good strats for Phobos? (or huitzil if you prefer)
- The problem with f+HP is it’s speed. d+HK is faster so I prefer using d+HK. And from what I remember you can’t air block d+HK.
- MP is a better jump-in. It has great priority and speed plus you can cancel HP after the MP.
- yeah thanks for the info.
- But it can be guard cancelled rather easily so I just use it for feint and surprise rush-in.
- Yes that is one. You can also cancel the pendulum in an angle that’ll she’ll fly towards opponent really fast.
- MP and HP has random chance of throwing dizzying projectile.
- It’s really good. I mean it’s an overhead combo and the damage is pretty impressive. You’ll need a super to perform this though it’s not much of a problem since Lei-Lei can build supers really fast.
- Blade Super is kinda slow. Anti-air only IMO.
- Yes her projectile is good… probably the best projectile in the game.
- I don’t know it myself and I don’t use this super but yeah this super is not useless… you can use this to scare your opponents and when they’re playing defensive command grab!
- teleport grab!
- Actually it’s b+HP.
- drum move? my memory is failing me… can you describe it and what’s the motion?
Does anybody have any strats for Lord Raptor? I know if Liqui Ted saw this he could probably elaborate a little more on him. How about Pyron? Anybody have anything on him?